Chain with capstan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wrapped the innertube in the correct direction so tension will with rode will not unwinds the tube. Then I did two wraps with the Miracle Tape that they sell at boat shows to miraculously cure all ills involving hoses.

We have a small capstan winch and I've always hauled the chain portion by hand. Nursing a shoulder injury with a long recovery prognosis, so will be giving this a try. Thanks!

Take the chain off and replace with 5/8 or 3/4 dyneema.

I wrapped the innertube in the correct direction so tension will with rode will not unwinds the tube. Then I did two wraps with the Miracle Tape that they sell at boat shows to miraculously cure all ills involving hoses.

Ok, I was thinking of some kind of inner tube patch glue might be good.
So if your case the miracle tape is actually providing the friction, not the rubber right?

Ok, I was thinking of some kind of inner tube patch glue might be good.
So if your case the miracle tape is actually providing the friction, not the rubber right?
No, I wrapped a bicycle tube tightly around the entire capstan two to three times. Then used a small enough piece of rubber tape to make one revolution around capstan to secure the end of the tube.

Last edited:
No, I wrapped a bicycle tube tightly around the entire capstan two to three times. Then used a small enough piece of rubber tape to make one revolution around capstan to secure the end of the tube.

Ahh, I was thinking some kind of wide/thick tube like a tractor inner tube.

Back
Top Bottom