1975 CHB Sedan windshield

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pirate-t

Vessel Name
The Brown Pelican
Vessel Make
1975 34 foot CHB sedan
Hello,

My Wife and I just purchased a 1975 CHB Sedan. It needs some love on its teak and other work, but we really like the old trawler look and are excited to restore her to her original glory.

What we are looking for is the windshield for the flybridge. if anyone knows where we can purchase one that would be great. Thank you

Hello
Welcome to the world of chb/marine trader, lots of us out here eager to help.

Any plexiglass can make you one. Make it thin enough you can bend it around the outer edges.

After you have both pieces worked into the groove and bent, then drill the holes starting from the center. A helper is critical here to hold the plexiglass while you drill. Use rubber washers and drill the holes a little bigger than you need.

Alan Robbins
‘76 34’ D/C
Anchor Pointe, Ohio

Welcome aboard. Do you have the old one? If so a plastic shop can duplicate it. If not you will have to do a custom job. You do want to have oversize holes in the plastic so it has room to expand and contract a bit. Also so the screws don’t grab the side of the holes and crack the new one.

Where are you located? Marine custom solutions in Daytona beach Florida does the most beautiful plexi work I have seen.

I went through this when mine was new to me. Surprise when I went into a glass shop and found out they could duplicate what I had, but for its faded colour. So I had he whole thing replaced with what the glass guy thought was the right colour. He was right and now, 25 years on it has retained its colour and I don't worry about it.
Talk to your local glass shop.

Trying to remember the actual name for this if you mean the colored plexi that wraps around the forward part of the FB. Seems like I have heard it called a venturi. Anybody else?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom