Old 08-08-2021, 05:06 AM   #21

City: Hervey Bay
Enjoyed the photos and meeting bogranjac1 when he was up our way!
Grew up on Cowan in the fifties and sixties. We moored at Apple Tree Bay at Woodnutt's which became Lagden's.
Still remember the first fiberglass motor cruiser.
Many changes but still a beautiful place and so close to a major city.
D.Duck44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 08:10 PM   #22

City: Newcastle, NSW
Thanks everyone for the reminder.
I purchased my Clipper 34 from Brooklyn almost 3 years ago and although I live only 100 km North by road (Lake Macquarie) - (sadly a 6 hour sea trip), I haven't been back since.
I still plan to of course as it is a wonderful area. I used to take my Trailer Sailer there about every six months for a week or so and have found many wonderful anchorages.
May get back soon if Covid relaxes her grip on us a bit.

Fortunately for me Lake Mac is also a wonderful sailing area and I am often on the water at least.
The detailed list of bays and inlets as well at the photos included above have definitely reminded me of the need to return.
Cheers
Imacss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 02:47 AM   #23
Guru

City: Sydney
Vessel Name: Sojourn
Vessel Model: Integrity 386
Locked down and bored, I went looking for info about sea eagles in the area, hoping to find stories of the sea eagles we often see in Jerusalem Bay. Nothing as specific, but I did find this, some of the pics, both birds and bays, seem worth sharing. I hope you like them and the memories of better times they bring:
https://berowrabackyard.com/tag/whit...ied-sea-eagle/
BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 04:46 PM   #24

City: Tasmania
Vessel Model: Sea Ranger 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
Locked down and bored, I went looking for info about sea eagles in the area, hoping to find stories of the sea eagles we often see in Jerusalem Bay. Nothing as specific, but I did find this, some of the pics, both birds and bays, seem worth sharing. I hope you like them and the memories of better times they bring:
Thanks for the link Bruce, our eagles are amazing creatures, both Wedgetails and Sea Eagles, as well as the huge variety of waterfowl frequenting the coastal waterways.
I think the most memorable sounds for me of your waterways are the cicada’s on those hot summer days.
Southern Boater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 08:25 PM   #25
Hospitality Officer

City: Pittwater
Vessel Name: Sarawana
Vessel Model: IG 36 Quad Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
BruceK;1034800]Locked down and bored, I went looking for info about sea eagles in the area, hoping to find stories of the sea eagles we often see in Jerusalem Bay. Nothing as specific, but I did find this, some of the pics, both birds and bays, seem worth sharing. I hope you like them and the memories of better times they bring:
[/B]

That's a terrific blog you happened upon Bruce. I have been traversing this area for years and it is great to see it from another perspective.
Andy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 12:35 AM   #26
Guru

Peats Bite Restaurant Burns

Fire has destroyed Peats Bite Restaurant on the Hawkesbury River. A high end restaurant, with water only access,a drop off/pickup wharf, and moorings for customers. Popular with the boating fraternity, the restaurant had recently been renovated. I`m guessing patronage was down due to Covid related boat use restrictions, so it was probably a good time to renovate.
Let`s hope they are back up and running soon.
Old 09-08-2021, 09:34 AM   #27

City: =
Vessel Name: Nimiane
Vessel Model: Finn 8
Bruce, You are locked down - but I have virtually been locked out of N.S.W. !!
My heart cried when I saw the pics of Nimiane again.
Twice now Covid has reared its ugly beast of a head and spoiled my plans of returning to New South Wales. Nimiane is in storage at Brielle? just up the hill from Berowra Waters waiting waiting.
P.S. Looking forward to seeing you both and a few drinks on the 'new boat'
song-'bali waters' from film-'morning of the earth'
bogranjac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 11:07 PM   #28
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogranjac1 View Post
Bruce, You are locked down - but I have virtually been locked out of N.S.W. !!
My heart cried when I saw the pics of Nimiane again.
Twice now Covid has reared its ugly beast of a head and spoiled my plans of returning to New South Wales. Nimiane is in storage at Brielle? just up the hill from Berowra Waters waiting waiting.
P.S. Looking forward to seeing you both and a few drinks on the 'new boat'
I`m surprised NSW won`t let you in from WA. I thought the issue would be returning to WA, we`re banned from there, maybe you couldn`t go back after being exposed to contamination here. Maybe 2 weeks quarantine on arrival? Whatever it is, I hope it gets resolved soon. Thought it`s suggested,at Christmas it will be easier to fly to USA,UK,Europe, Singapore,than Sydney to Perth.
Old 09-24-2021, 02:19 AM   #29
Guru

ABC TV "Back to Nature"Hawkesbury/Dyarubbin Episode

Hawkesbury aficionados might enjoy this 29 minute episode devoted to the waterways and nearby areas. The aboriginal name for the river is Dyarubbin, slightly different to the name used by the Powell`s in their guidebook published by "Deerubbin Press". The presenters find aboriginal symbols on walls in overhanging caves near the waters edge, and other features related to use of the river. I`ll have to look for wall art by the waterside, surprised me, they don`t say where it was,I won`t reveal my guess. Definitely worth a look in my humble opinion, we enjoyed it. The untouched beauty of the area, deep in a national park, despite its proximity to civilization, is remarkable.That some cave art survives is truly surprising,may it stay that way.
Select Episode 7 when the link comes up.

https://iview.abc.net.au/video/DO1909H007S00