Another Yotti crosses over to the dark side

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
John,
Welcome aboard.
Flemingo is one very nice Fred Fleming boat and very well equiped.
Saw her listed with Garth Fielding, so she is going to Sydney to live, hope you come north now and again.
Is there somewhere to buy Fleming plans? The admiral & I have decided to bite the bullet and build new. Oh well, cruising again in 5 years not 2.

Night cap,
Where are you base.
Fred Fleming died a some years ago. There are sets of plans around but not commercially available.
Would you be going to build a plank boat (timber is very expensive these days) and good plank boat builders like hens teeth to find.

I suppose the lines could be addapted for a glass or strip plank build with added ballast.
Freds plans were pretty basic but enough for a competent boat builder.
When Bert built my boat he had the plans out whilst we built the frames after that he said put them away as they won't be required again.

PM me if you require more info
Cheers
Benn

Must update my profile. I'm in Vanuatu so wood is plentiful and inexpensive with many good hardwoods, can also import ply from Fiji with no duty. Going to build it myself with the odd bit of help from a shipwright here (I'm not a boat builder but am a marine engineer so I know what a can of worms I've opened for myself)
I'm looking for a hard chine displacement boat 50-60 foot, Sharpie.
I'll PM you so it doesn't turn into threadjack.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom