Xantrax Freedom 3012 “Qualifying AC”

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arthurc

Guru
Vessel Name
Sea Bear
Vessel Make
Kadey-Krogen 54
I’ve noticed that occasionally my inverter will not switch to invert when I cut the power on the shore or Genset, instead the control panel says “qualifying AC”. The only way I’ve found to get it to turn on is to reset it on the actual unit (not from the control panel), any insights on what might be going on?
Also what does qualifying AC actually mean?

Thanks!

Arthurc
The parameter ACIn in the setup establishes the qualification of the incoming ac power providing a range of voltage and frequency.

You should check the ACIn parameter to make sure that the voltage and frequency range were not changed to be to tight to be reasonable. If they appear reasonable, my guess is that you experience the issue when on genset which would lead me to check the frequency of the genset's output. Genset output frequency is a function of genset prime mover speed.

See page 55 of the 3012 Owner's Manual for a more thorough explanation.

Last edited:
It’s been a while since I’ve programmed a xantrex inverter but you might be experiencing this issue because the load sensing parameter is set to on. Check your manual to find it in the programming tree then turn it off.

AC
Six years ago my Xantrex 3000 was doing a similar thing, it no longer would auto turn on. Thus I'd go to the unit itself to "restart". Given my away from port cruising style I decided to go Magnum PSW. Not to mention the Xantrex was modified sine wave which was creating hiccups with newer gear and appliances.

Back
Top Bottom