What kind of plug is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mvweebles

Guru
Vessel Name
Weebles
Vessel Make
1970 Willard 36 Trawler
Picture is a 4 pin plug for 22-gauge (guess). It's about 1/2" wide. Any electronics whizes our there who can identify so I can construct a cable - preferably with an Amazon link? FYI - goes between Webasto AC and wall mount controller.

Thanks in advance

Peter 494309892.jpg

I'm sure you've thought of this already but sometimes when I'm faced with this
dilemma and I need a longer cable I add what I need with 2 terminal strips or just
neatly solder and shrink. That's assuming you have an original cable, of course.
Also, those are standard pins so any IC sockets should fit them individually.

Have you tried their support site? www.techwebasto.com

Last edited:
I'm sure you've thought of this already but sometimes when I'm faced with this
dilemma and I need a longer cable I add what I need with 2 terminal strips or just
neatly solder and shrink. That's assuming you have an original cable, of course.
Also, those are standard pins so any IC sockets should fit them individually.

Have you tried their support site? www.techwebasto.com
I don't have the original cable. The boneheads who were supposed to install a year ago lost the cable along with all sorts of stuff that has been difficult to source such as a bracket to mount my isotemp water heater, antenna adapter for IridiumGO, etc.

Was hoping something like this "JSat 4-pin" might be the right fit. Looks similar but I have no idea whether this stuff varies.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DUC1M2O/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_VMMA3BCF0T9FWE9GMHEY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Webasto wasn't much help. Understandably, they don't see this too often. So until they can dig one up, was hoping this was a fairly standard electronics cable easily available at a Radio Shack.....except, well, you know where they are these days.

Peter

BTW - if you ever need work in Ensenada, a $5 hooker from Hussongs might know more about boats than Niza Marine and would have a happier ending. (Pictures at www.NizaMarine.net)

Last edited:
Easy enough to try the Amazon parts. If they don't line up then get a bag of 1mm
sockets and shrink 'em to the ends of your wires. Slightly more of a pain but should work.

Last edited:
Those jsat connectors are pretty small, your picture doesn't give enough reference to guess at the scale. It helps when asking questions like this to include as much detail as possible, like part or models numbers of the units involved, and potentially the whole circuit board (as that helps with scale). The part/model numbers are often useful for cross-referencing from sources online.

It does look sort-of like a JST-XH style connector, but those typically use an open slot for the keying tabs on the plug.

But without a measurement of the pitch spacing for the pins it's hard to guess.

Did the cable 'latch' onto the socket? Is there an angled catch tang on the left side of that socket? Or did the cable just plug in with a friction-fit?

Back
Top Bottom