Wesmar Bow Thruster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ventana

Vessel Name
Ventana
Vessel Make
Krogen 42
Our KK 42 has an old Wesmar thruster, I think it is the T8e but not even sure. I’m trying to pull the motor to send it out for service, but none of the paperwork I have shows a drawing or explains how to remove the motor. I found a couple pics and descriptions online but none of them are of the same model. I will try to post a pic later but our internet is agonizingly slow right now. The unit I am trying to remove has two bolts coming out of the motor and going through a flange on the gear housing. There are small cutouts in the flange to access the nuts for these two bolts. Can’t see anything else to know shaft configuration etc.
Anyone have a manual with pics/diagrams, or have pulled theirs apart and know the secrets?

I just got done pulling and replacing the motor on my wesmar myself. Tape the top cap of the motor you will see the seam. also tape the bottom cap. Next remove two nuts from the long bolts through the little side cutouts. Leave bolts in motor and rock motor as you pull up. There is a rubber lovejoy coupling on the end of the shaft. I will post a couple of pictures of my motor while it was out

Our KK 42 has an old Wesmar thruster, I think it is the T8e but not even sure. I’m trying to pull the motor to send it out for service, but none of the paperwork I have shows a drawing or explains how to remove the motor. I found a couple pics and descriptions online but none of them are of the same model. I will try to post a pic later but our internet is agonizingly slow right now. The unit I am trying to remove has two bolts coming out of the motor and going through a flange on the gear housing. There are small cutouts in the flange to access the nuts for these two bolts. Can’t see anything else to know shaft configuration etc.
Anyone have a manual with pics/diagrams, or have pulled theirs apart and know the secrets?

Pictures of thruster motor 20220105_172903.jpg20220105_172957.jpg

Thanks. Hopefully mine is similar, it certainly isn’t as clean or well kept as yours. I have very little space to work with and one of the nuts is on the bottom of the motor. Just didn’t want to start prying the motor off and then find there was a setscrew or something I should have removed first.

Found the service manual

Thanks. Hopefully mine is similar, it certainly isn’t as clean or well kept as yours. I have very little space to work with and one of the nuts is on the bottom of the motor. Just didn’t want to start prying the motor off and then find there was a setscrew or something I should have removed first.

Attachments

• dokumen.tips_thruster-wesmarwwwwesmarcomproduct-manuals12v24v-thruster-motor-manualpdf.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
Thanks for the manual. I got the motor out the other day, pretty sure it will be even less fun to put back in.

Thanks for the manual. I got the motor out the other day, pretty sure it will be even less fun to put back in.

I thought the same thing but it was actually easier to put it back in than it was to take it out. Also if the thermal switch on the side of it burns out I have a supplier for them and they are a heck of alot cheaper than wesmar

Back
Top Bottom