VMAXTANKS deep cycle batteries?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bykpjfk

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Passport
Vessel Make
Mainship Sedan Bridge
Probably because my house bank is only 360 amp hours of capacity, my two year old duracell agm's need replacing. I've been limited to four GC2 batteries by the only location I have for house batteries, but there is a 6 volt deep cycle battery on Amazon, VMAXTANKS 6 volt 225 ah, that is physically different, and would allow me to place six batteries in the same location.
Has anyone tried these batteries? Good reviews and good price.

Maybe post a link.

Ted

I always buy batteries by size and weight. Give me an 60 pound lead acid battery anytime. These look awfully expensive for few amp hours.

pete

Twice the expense than solid Trojans, I'd rather have something tried and trued made here in the US w/ support. If this battery goes belly up there's really no support. Two years for a set of batteries is way less than expected. How old is your charger? Have you abused your batteries? I would expect 6-8 yrs on average for a good set of batteries.

Other than some sort of fault, either with the manufacturing of the battery(s) or with your charging equipment, the main reason for a battery failure as soon as 2 years is "murder by the owner". In other words how you use. AGM batteries are even a bit more "fussy" in how they are operated (and cared for) than flooded lead acid. With few exceptions, batteries do not tolerate very deep discharges (below 50% charge) and/or being regularly used without being returned to a full charge of 100%. To achieve a 100% charge, it usually takes at least 6 hours of continuous charge time for a properly operating, properly setup charger (or alternator), sized for your bank. Unless you boat dock to dock (with shore power used almost every night), or have solar panels, you are probably not achieving 100% charges (often enough) even with long engine runs. Stock alternators do a poor job of recharging deep cycle house banks.
So, think carefully about how you have been using your batteries. If you were "treating them right" and you still had this 2 year experience, then check out your equipment for issues. If it turns out to be the way you were using the batteries, then 2 choices. Buy the cheapest deep cycle golf cart flooded lead acid batteries you can find, and consider them basically "disposable" (replace every 2-3 years) or make changes to the way you recharge your batteries (a true 100% at least every few days) to obtain a more "optimum" life expectancy.
Edit: Sorry, to your original question, I don't know those batteries, but I concur with buying a known brand with an easy warranty experience. If you go the inexpensive route, check out Costco or Sam's Club (for example)

Last edited:
One of the reviews on it said that the manufacturer would only give credit for batteries that went dead immediately on the same batteries instead of a refund. That may or may not be an issue.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom