Vesper AIS or VHF radio with AIS?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"....also in need of a cell booster..."

Nomad, Many brands of cell boosters to choose from and my Wilson booster being 6 years old is probably obsolete, but it consistently gets me a couple of bars above a normal connection.

Thanks Ken, we had Wilson on Helen Marie, and liked it. We are considering Shakespeare from Fisheries Supply, as I still get my employee discount.
Anyone have thoughts, or comments on Shakespeare?

Thanks Ken, we had Wilson on Helen Marie, and liked it. We are considering Shakespeare from Fisheries Supply, as I still get my employee discount.
Anyone have thoughts, or comments on Shakespeare?

Update. I completed my installation yesterday, Shakespeare cell booster+Vesper XB6000. Seems to be working. My only question now is that with the antenna splitter installed my Icom VHF seems not to have a GPS signal for the DSC.

Salish,
I am not anywhere near a tech on this kind of stuff, but things that come to mind based on your earlier posts:
If you used to use your GPS puck as the source for your DSC VHF but have now discontinued it's use you will need to run the gps signal from your Vesper now?
Otherwise, I don't understand how using an antenna splitter on the VHF antenna would stop the GPS signal that was coming from a different unit and not using that antenna?
As I said, there certainly may be other explanations that I have no idea about.
Good luck,
Tom

Salish,
I am not anywhere near a tech on this kind of stuff, but things that come to mind based on your earlier posts:
If you used to use your GPS puck as the source for your DSC VHF but have now discontinued it's use you will need to run the gps signal from your Vesper now?
Otherwise, I don't understand how using an antenna splitter on the VHF antenna would stop the GPS signal that was coming from a different unit and not using that antenna?
As I said, there certainly may be other explanations that I have no idea about.
Good luck,
Tom

Thanks I'm going to reach out to Vesper tech support on Monday. Everything else is working as it's supposed to.

Can I please tack on a question I have without needing to start a new thread.

I have a StandHorizon with AIS receive and target display: MMSI, Call Sign, Ship Name, BRG, DST, SOG and COG.

Can I feed the AIS RX record to a Garmin GPS with AIS capability?

(I also have a class B AIS but am fighting an RX issue right now, TX is fine).

I had a similar issue. I had a SH radio with AIS RX. I added a separate Class B transceiver and then I had RX issues. I had a conflict between the RX signals from SH and AIS-B going to my chart plotter. Disconnecting the RX output from the SH solved the problem.

Back
Top Bottom