using different maf pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Obx

I have a Simrad AP 25 on my GB (it is cable steering), I want to switch to a Raymarine EV series AP.
Is there any reason why I can't use my Simrad linear drive pump/ram with a Raymarine system?

I am not familiar with your ram (or which size EV you are going with), but one of the reasons I chose a Raymarine EV for my boat is that it could be used with "any" type 1, type 2, etc. pump. I didn't already have a pump but I wanted to use a specific (non-Raymarine) pump because it fit the tight space better. (The equivalent Garmin AP required their brand pump.) I have hydraulic steering though

I can recommend Raymarine's online technical help forum. It can take a day or so to get an answer, but they are a fount of information. Here is the Autopilot sub-forum:

Raymarine forum - Autopilots

Maybe you've already looked at this, but here is the page where Raymarine lists what the specs are for their Type 1, Type 2, etc. linear drives:

Marine Electronics for Boats, Boating Electronics | Raymarine

It looks as though maybe you'd be choosing the EV-200? I can't get that manual to download for some reason right now (probably something on my end), but it's here if you have not seen it:

https://app.box.com/embed/s/zpvvxiogyjyeta1m75di/folder/3086332061

Sorry, not all that helpful, but your post caught my eye as there may be a Grand Banks in my future...(?)

No. Will work fine. You need the Raymarine rudder angle sensor. The pump is just a DC electric motor.

Thanks guys, I cant get my coastal explorer to work with my simrad so I want to change and Raymarine EV seems to be the best choice.

Thanks guys, I cant get my coastal explorer to work with my simrad so I want to change and Raymarine EV seems to be the best choice.

What is the issue with the Simrad integration to Coastal Explorer?

I've found Simrad support to be very helpful. That said, I have also found the Simrad EVO software to be very difficult to work with, poor documentation and it seems to lose/change configs on it's own which is very frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom