Useful Marine Electronics Website

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquabelle

Guru
Many TF members with an interest in electronic gadgetry will be familiar with the Panbo forum, run for many years by Ben Ellison (who also contributes to various boating mags). The Panbo forum has been re-worked recently and now partners with a couple of other great reviewers. One of these is Steve Mitchell, who also has his own site: https://sailbits.com/

Sail Bits is so useful I felt I should draw attention to it here on TF. Recent projects and reviews include configuring a NUC as an onboard navigation computer; the near-miraculous Rose Point NEMO device which integrates & shares N2k, 0183 & ethernet-sourced data; and a 'package' combining a conventional router, a 4G/LTE router and an amplified WiFi antenna to produce a solution which is at once low-cost and very high quality.

The projects and reviews are well-written, readers can post questions and comments and Steve is diligent in responding to these. Overall, a great new resource.

(No affiliation)

Thank you for taking the time to share the link. I think it'll prove to be another good resource.

Interesting! I have the NUC and the Nemo and like them both. I just use an Ethernet cable between the Nemo and the NUC. No router at this time. A router would allow me to “see” the Nemo stuff on my iNavX, but as I mainly use CE while traveling, it would be mostly redundant.

Nice, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom