Trying To Rig Up A Simple Backup Camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am looking for a “combination” rear camera.one that will provide a constant feed to the plotter but will also provide the ability to see on a tablet or phone. In addition, I would like to be able to use it as a motion sensitive camera for alerts when someone comes aboard. Wired is preferable. I have a Pepwave router. Any suggestions?

I am looking for a “combination” rear camera.one that will provide a constant feed to the plotter but will also provide the ability to see on a tablet or phone. In addition, I would like to be able to use it as a motion sensitive camera for alerts when someone comes aboard. Wired is preferable. I have a Pepwave router. Any suggestions?
see my post #27 that camera I have hooked to my Garmin MFD you either have a BNC or RCA connection to your MFD, the Camera is 4 pin and amazon sell conversion cables for both 4 pin to BNC or RCA, Power is taken off the 2nd pin on the camera with the RCA and BNC adapters they give you a power connection. for security you can hook this up tp a DVR they sell which will record locally and send a notification to Cell if you have a good WIFI signal on the dock. I would juts install a PTZ Security camera for viewing in your phone. they are really 2 separate projects. 1 for security and the other for visibility.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08L3KS4FN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

see my post #27 that camera I have hooked to my Garmin MFD you either have a BNC or RCA connection to your MFD, the Camera is 4 pin and amazon sell conversion cables for both 4 pin to BNC or RCA, Power is taken off the 2nd pin on the camera with the RCA and BNC adapters they give you a power connection. for security you can hook this up tp a DVR they sell which will record locally and send a notification to Cell if you have a good WIFI signal on the dock. I would juts install a PTZ Security camera for viewing in your phone. they are really 2 separate projects. 1 for security and the other for visibility.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08L3KS4FN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you. I will look into it. I agree they are two separate uses, but was hoping someone might have found a single camera as an answer for both.

Thank you. I will look into it. I agree they are two separate uses, but was hoping someone might have found a single camera as an answer for both.
The Rae Marine Flir system will probably do both but it is close to 4K

I just hooked up this $200 cheap 2 camera plus display set up. Cameras are WiFi but need a 12v power spice. I can add two more cameras but want to see how it performs first

Attachments

• 1AEE36D0-2CFF-498C-B6F6-B2CA4AA4E6EA.jpg
    1AEE36D0-2CFF-498C-B6F6-B2CA4AA4E6EA.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 0AFBD7A9-8C8A-4749-B2F8-75D25AB1A688.jpg
    0AFBD7A9-8C8A-4749-B2F8-75D25AB1A688.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 13
I just hooked up this $200 cheap 2 camera plus display set up. Cameras are WiFi but need a 12v power spice. I can add two more cameras but want to see how it performs first

Thank you. What is the brand?

I bought a SiOnyx black low light camera and an infrared flashlight. Tests on the water with no moon, and a few clouds, shows that the camera by itself works well. I can see a bridge that is 1.1 miles away clearly, and boats moving by it show up well. The shore line across the water way (.4 mile) is clear.

Where it really shines is combining it with an 850 NM infrared flashlight. A tight beam illuminated a target like it is day light as far away as a half a mile last night. A wider beam lights an area up but has a closer range. I think I would only need to use the IR flashlight on a very dark, overcast night.

It has its own WiFi which your tablet or phone needs to use to access it. The latency is acceptable, about a half a second. It comes with two batteries which are supposed to last two hours, so you would have four hours max without recharging.

I think I will use this with a tripod with suction cups, as a temporary back up camera, then permanently mount one of the recommended versions provided in this set of posts and then the Sionyx will be used while underway at night. They are just beginning to sell a marine permanent mount SiOnyx camera for $1599.

Meanwhile, as folks read this thread and have adapted other solutions, it would be great to hear about them.

Thank you. What is the brand?

I got this one:

FHD 1080P 2 Digital Wireless Backup Camera System for RVs Trailers Trucks Motorhomes 5th Wheels 4CH 7'' Monitor Highway Monitoring System IP69K Waterproof Super Night Vision Strong Signal

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083XRJD8L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_48EN4FEY52Y5W2DEDAPW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

They’re also on EBay for even cheaper. Was thinking of getting a second one there for the 2 additional cameras since it can handle 4 but only comes with 2. I would also like to see if I can make it work with a second display in lower helm

The brand is Douxury, but there appears to be multiple “brands” of the exact same equipment.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom