Old 09-17-2019, 09:27 AM   #21
Guru

City: Southport, FL near Panama City
Vessel Name: FROLIC
Vessel Model: Mainship 30 Pilot II since 2015. GB-42 1986-2015. Former Unlimited Tonnage Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psneeld View Post
Ships I have been on tended to have airtight exits from machinery spaces...then again all but a few were "combatants" at some level of build.

I thought that the constantly manned spaces within machinery spaces were positive pressure to stay clear of smoke/fumes and that principle was for safety beyond war fighting capability.
Not much to argue with there, and because the engineering spaces in ships tend to be (but are not always so in practice in the civilian world) sealed off from living spaces, you can blow a ton of air in there and not fumigate the living spaces.

BTW, for the old Navy salts here, from 1996 to 2012 when I was regularly riding gas turbine powered warships as a Navy contractor, I began to see unmanned main propulsion spaces except during general quarters. Aft steering is never manned except at GQ, much different than in my day when it was always manned (see McCain collision).
rgano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 04:42 PM   #22

City: Aposentillo
Swap your starboard relay to the port side and test on ignition. If it functions it is simply your relay and if not, tone out your hot at relay and work your way towards the blower if you have 12v up to that point. suerte
Juggerknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 04:55 PM   #23

City: FL
Vessel Model: Benneteau Swift 42
I would have but couldn't find the relay, so toning it out led me to the relay, changed it all is good
lipets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 12:06 PM   #24

City: Aposentillo
Excellent! Yeah, I glossed over your initial post... On the upside, now that you have identified those relays you can figure out and label the others from your schematic for the future. Glad you got er worked out.
Juggerknot is offline   Reply With Quote