Testing iPad Posting of Photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codger2

Guru
Vessel Name
Circuit Breaker
Vessel Make
2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
Test

Last edited:
If you figure it out I would like to know how also, to bad it's not as simple as my iPhone.
I can post pics from the iPad but they post "upside down." :confused:

Walt I have orientation issues when posting from my iPhone in Safari that I've not experienced when posting in the app.

Attachments

• image-1925495584.jpg
    image-1925495584.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 97
I can post pics from the iPad but they post "upside down." :confused:

Its ben my experience that if your photo is a camera original vertical or a vertical copied off the web ("save image as") the iPad forum app will post it on its side. So you have to put it into something like Photoshop and make a new jpeg with the picture vertical. Then the iPad will attach it vertically.

I suspect, but may be wrong, that if you take a picture with a smartphone and the phone is "upside down" when you take the photo, there is something in the metadata of the photo that causes the iPad app to attach it in the same orientation it was to the smartphone camera. If this is the case, putting the photo in something like Photoshop, orienting it correctly, and then making a new jpeg with the photo oriented correctly will cause the new jpeg to be displayed correctly in your post.

If you are posting photos that were taken with a regular camera and are rightside up and the Forum app posts them upside own, I don't have a clue why.

These vertical shots were oriented correctly on the web but although I copied them to the iPad and they displayed properly on the iPad they displayed on their sides when a attached to a post made with with the iPad app. So I made these copies in Photoshop.

image-4149139233.jpg

Attachments

• image-672664205.jpg
    image-672664205.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
If you upload your photos to a hosting site like photobucket.com, you can simply paste the img code into your message and voila!

img_155833_0_bbcdd9ef6c4d557b82c7a47e94cca164.jpg

This may sound a little cumbersome, but it's dead easy.

Photobucket also has a very simple iPad app.

This upside down thing only happens with photos that were taken by the iPad. It does not happen with photos taken by my camera and loaded on to my iMac. I will now demonstrate a photo taken by the iPad, properly oriented on the iPad and chosen in "manage attachments."

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 84
I've posted photos taken with my iPad using the TF app and they've attached properly. I've always held the iPad vertically with the camera in the upper right corner (from behind the the iPad). Never tried taking a photo horizontally.

image-3841751519.jpg

I've posted photos taken with my iPad using the TF app and they've attached properly. I've always held the iPad vertically with the camera in the upper right corner (from behind the the iPad). Never tried taking a photo horizontally.

View attachment 19215
Interesting! I'll post a vertical that I have and see what happens. I'm just using the. IPad as it came out of the box . No App.

Vertical pic test.

Vertically taken with iPad.

edit: how about that!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 92
The + in the top right side is from the iPhone app & is how to add a photo. I don't have that + on my iPad.

image-3907793526.jpg

On an iPad there is the word "Advanced" where you have the plus sign on your phone. Selecting it is how one inserts a photo into a post.

On an iPad there is the word "Advanced" where you have the plus sign on your phone. Selecting it is how one inserts a photo into a post.

Thank you

image-966460976.jpg

Yes it works!!!

Back
Top Bottom