Standard Horizon Matrix GX2200

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome to StandardHorizon.com

I picked this up at the Seattle Boat Show. So now I will have AIS displayed on my CP500 chart-plotter. :dance:

They gave me a $40 rebate coupon to send in. J&G Marine supply booth.
installed mine for my trip...enjoyed the AIS but need to nema it to my plotter as where the radio is mounted...seeing targets on the radio is very difficult.

great internal GPS....2 or 3 times it failed to locate and all I did was restart by turning off radio...should see if in directions there is a better way. My mounting is probably the reason that only rarely did it not lock on in seconds.

other than that...seems like a pretty good radio.

I just installed the Gx2000. I'm seeing rainbows trying to conect it to a Garmin 700s. Guess it's time to reread the directions :). The plan is someday to install a AIS transceiver also

I just installed the Gx2000. I'm seeing rainbows trying to conect it to a Garmin 700s. Guess it's time to reread the directions :). The plan is someday to install a AIS transceiver also

I have a 2150 wired into plotters at both helms, I've started to wonder if I ever decided to go with a class B transceiver if the 2150 & plotters alarms would continually go off. You may want to save yourself from this problem if there is not a way around it and just go with the transceiver.

Thanks for the heads up guys. I bought this because the SH rep said it would interface well with my CP500. Once I do that I will report back.

I bought one last spring. Relatively easy to interface with my Garmin chartplotter as you only need to send AIS hi-speed NMEA 0183 data out to the plotter via hard-wire connections. The only thing better would be NMEA 2000 plug in.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom