solar AC, really

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Apparently we have been looking in the wrong places.

DC Solar Air Conditioner Heat Pump | Solar Air Conditioning | Solar Heating | Manufacturers

solar-air-conditioner-system-diagram.PNG

I came across this because I have been looking at using a mini-split ac system to utilize their inverter driven compressors. Although I would swap the air cooled coil for a water cooled coaxial one...

Something tells me it needs shorepower for startup, and every time the compressor kicks in

"Although I would swap the air cooled coil for a water cooled coaxial one..."

That would wreck the heating ability in cold weather as most mini splits use a reverse cycle phase to melt ice on the unit when condensation freezes.

AS they are 300% to 50% more efficient than a heating wire , why loose a huge advantage?

11,500 btu...... wouldnt even cool my saloon.

And if you had room for 900W of panels, your boat might need 3....oh...I meant 2700W of panels...oh, then the boat would be........

""..oh, then the boat would be........"

Easier to cool as it would probably be in the shade ?

Yeah, those numbers don't really add up to anything practical. You'd almost have to design the boat from scratch, specifically for maximum solar power and well-shaded, insulated interiors. Which wouldn't be a bad idea, just not something I could use in my 1980 trawler.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom