Old 03-19-2019, 03:24 PM   #21

City: Agadir
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmnj View Post
Need help either buying a used Simrad CX44 or getting the one I have fixed. I brought it to Commercial Marine Electronics and they said they can't get the part for it. Apparently it is the mother board, so I called Simrad and they told me they don't fix or have parts for those units and it is useless. They wanted to sell me a new unit that would not work with the other Simrad electronics(radar, sounder etc). So I'm either going to have to purchase a whole new system or find a used Simrad CX44. Thanks for any help you can privide.
Hello
If you want to sell the display simrad cx44 i will give you a good offer
Thank you
Marsli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 09:32 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor View Post
Hi,
I was reading your CX44 problem. What is defect on the CX44?
I have repaired a lot of these units when I worked for the company.
Most of them are still repairable.So also these mainboards can be repaired on component level. The CA44 is an older generation and slower than the CX44.

Kind regards,
Cor
Hi
Do you have any old simrad 44 for sell? Whether in good condition or not working
Old 04-22-2020, 09:38 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybuddd View Post
I'm a new member, but saw your post about having worked on a lot CX44 systems. My main unit is showing what look like air bubbles in the upper left hand corner (bottom of image, since image is sideways). It looks as though something is becoming de-laminated and allowing air to get in. Have you ever seen this? Was there a fix? Thanks!
Hi
Do you still have the old simrad 44 ? Im looking to buy one
Old 04-22-2020, 09:39 AM   #24

Simrad cx44

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmnj View Post
Need help either buying a used Simrad CX44 or getting the one I have fixed. I brought it to Commercial Marine Electronics and they said they can't get the part for it. Apparently it is the mother board, so I called Simrad and they told me they don't fix or have parts for those units and it is useless. They wanted to sell me a new unit that would not work with the other Simrad electronics(radar, sounder etc). So I'm either going to have to purchase a whole new system or find a used Simrad CX44. Thanks for any help you can privide.
Do you still have the old simrad cx44?
Im looking to buy one
Old 04-22-2020, 10:50 AM   #25
Guru

City: San Diego
Vessel Name: Circuit Breaker
Vessel Model: 2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
I used to be a big fan of Simrad but after reading these posts, not so much anymore! I realize that they are relative to old units but they've created a stigma that I can't mentally erase.