simrad AP-44, no response

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arc

Guru
Vessel Make
Eastern
This system was removed in working condition from a friends boat.
AP-44, NAC-2. #9 compass, .8 pump. Everything is installed and running. My problem is I can’t finish dockside setup. All data is entered and all parameters. I am using virtual rudder for now just as it was in the last boat. When I get to the VR setup, no voltage goes to the pump even after multiple attempts. Am I missing something? Every step works up to that point . But never any pump action. The pump does work off line as it should in both directions. I measured voltage from the NEC unit and there is no voltage coming out when it calls for it. All power and cables have been tested and even replaced the AP44 does read the compass and that is operational.

Could it be in dockside setup mode? In that mode, one can go through everything but it won’t actually complete.

Ken

The dockside setup requires the rudder to move . Part of that setup is to hold the command button to activate the pump. Nothing happens

Does it need/have a rudder feedback sensor?

The NAC -2 is a virtual rudder system. It’s not the best for big rudder boats and eventually I will add a sensor. But the system it designed to work without one.

Turn everything on and untie the front or back of the boat and kick it out into the channel. The pump should try to make course adjustments.

pete

Back
Top Bottom