SidePower Remote Range

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arthurc

Guru
Vessel Name
Sea Bear
Vessel Make
Kadey-Krogen 54
I was testing out the sidepower remote that came with my Thrusters retrofit and the range is pretty terrible. Do others have that same issue (standing on the dock at the bow I can’t activate them) and if so how did you address it?
If you don’t have that issue about what range do you have so I can tell CSR.

Thanks!

I was testing out the sidepower remote that came with my Thrusters retrofit and the range is pretty terrible. Do others have that same issue (standing on the dock at the bow I can’t activate them) and if so how did you address it?
If you don’t have that issue about what range do you have so I can tell CSR.

Thanks!

You need to find out where the receiver is located and how the antenna is oriented. There were pretty specific instructions during my installation about this and how to maximize range.

Ideally, it is in a high location in the boat (not down in the engine room), away from any interfering devices, not blocked by a bunch of metal, antenna wire extended fully straight out from the unit, etc.

It can make A LOT of difference.

I can use my Sidepower remote from at least 10’ in front of the boat while on the dock. I can’t say that this is the farthest it will work, just the farthest that I have tried it. My receiver is located on the flybridge so that may be the difference.

I've been having a lot of problems getting my remote to turn on. Once I get it turned on and working it will shut down before the 4 minute limit. Then I'll have problems turning it on again. I push both "on" buttons quickly then release like the instructions say to do. Sometimes the buttons light up but don't blink. It doesn't work when the lights are solid on, (not blinking). Sometimes I get the lights to blink but it doesn't work right away. I have to wait 10 or more seconds then it may work, or not. I'm going to call tech support to try to get it resolved. It's all very inconsistent. I also have to check with the installer to find out where the receiver is mounted.

Has anyone else had similar problems with the Side-power remote?:banghead:

I had trouble with the remote eating batteries. Imtra replaced it and after my complaint about the security screws used to hold the back of the remote on they changed the screws to phillips before they sent the replacement remote to me. My range is reasonably good.

My range with my remote is really good. I can activate them from the dock or the flybridge. the sensors are under my lower helm station.

I've been having a lot of problems getting my remote to turn on. Once I get it turned on and working it will shut down before the 4 minute limit. Then I'll have problems turning it on again. I push both "on" buttons quickly then release like the instructions say to do. Sometimes the buttons light up but don't blink. It doesn't work when the lights are solid on, (not blinking). Sometimes I get the lights to blink but it doesn't work right away. I have to wait 10 or more seconds then it may work, or not. I'm going to call tech support to try to get it resolved. It's all very inconsistent. I also have to check with the installer to find out where the receiver is mounted.

Has anyone else had similar problems with the Side-power remote?:banghead:

Have you replaced the battery? That was the symptom mine had when the battery was going dead.

Back
Top Bottom