Replacement 110 v breaker for 1977 Grand Banks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LongStoryGB36

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Long Story
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 36' Classic
Does anyone have a source or even style number for the 110v breakers on the service side? I need a 27 or 30 amp breaker. So far people are baffled?

Thanks in advance

Russ IMG_1002.jpg

Usually the mfgr and a type or model number is printed on one side. You may have to pull a breaker to see it.
Maybe a mirror and a small flash will allow you to see.

Just make sure ALL power is off.

Otherwise, the Large Flash will allow you to see.

That panel looks pretty dated. I wouldn't presume to tell you how to spend your boat bucks, but you could install a modern Blue Seas 8100 ELCI 30-amp main panel at the shore power inlet where those mains are located without too much modification to the panel - assuming the load breakers are good still. I just did the same... Only cost about $200.

Or for a little more you could replace the whole main breaker and load breakers with or without an ELCI for just a little bit more. It looks like the wide non-ELCI 8099 panel could fit where the load and main breakers are in your picture. Most of the panels come loaded with breakers.

Both options are a bit more expensive than finding the odd breaker, but give you a more updated looking and safer setup.

Attachments

• 8100.jpg
    8100.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 8102.jpg
    8102.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 38
  • 8099.jpg
    8099.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 29
I have acquired a very large stock of the original OEM breakers! Do you still need them?

Have Old Style Breakers?

I have acquired a very large stock of the original OEM breakers! Do you still need them?

I am looking for a breaker/switch to replace my AC breaker. Webasto recommends a 25 amp slow breaker. for my new 16000 btu AC. Are yours about 2 and 1/8 inches from screw hole to screw hole the long ways. BlueSeas are about half an inch shorter. Need a dipole.

I am looking for a breaker/switch to replace my AC breaker. Webasto recommends a 25 amp slow breaker. for my new 16000 btu AC. Are yours about 2 and 1/8 inches from screw hole to screw hole the long ways. BlueSeas are about half an inch shorter. Need a dipole.

This thread is pretty old. You may have better luck starting a new one with a photo of what your panel looks like.

grandbanksbayfield- sending you a message.

Back
Top Bottom