Recommendations for marine electronics in the Seattle area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EyeOnAlaska

Vessel Name
No Reservations
Vessel Make
Cooper Prowler 10m Sundeck
For you PNW boaters, who/where would you recommend in the Seattle/Port Orchard/Bremerton area to buy new electronics from? I'm probably going to replace all the systems on a boat we just bought in Port Orchard. Will most likely install myself, so price is a big consideration. Thanks.

When we bought our boat 5 years ago I replaced all the electronics. I bought from Anchorexpress.com. They had good prices but the big difference was the $12.95 flat rate shipping. Some other sites wanted over $130 for shipping. So that made a difference but their prices were also lower than the other sites I checked. No affiliation.

If you are installing yourself then location of the dealer isn’t very important. I have bought from Hodges quite a bit with good results. Star Marine Depot was good right up until I needed to return something. I don’t use them anymore.

We have generally enjoyed using google shopping to search for the specific make/model we want, leading to free shipping and often no sales tax. We try to align this with manufacturers rebates. This usually requires multiple vendors for multiple items. We have used GPSstore and Hodges in the past.

You can save a bunch of money this way.

This year, we bought a Sitex AIS SAS-600 from Bluewater Boat Supply. I received a return phone phone call in minutes, after not leaving a message. We got a great price and quick shipping. A very good experience - and we will use them again, as long as they are $$$ competitive.

ebay or Amazon

I recall, for the previous boat, I purchased an AIS from Milltech Marine in Port Orchard. That was another good experience - he was very helpful in selecting the right unit and with installation consulting.

Gil Travis (semper fi fishing) He is generally on the hull truth. He is an authorized dealer for Furuno, Garmin, Simrad and others. his background is commercial fishing in Ak. He knows his sh!t and pricing and service is great.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom