Raymarine RC530

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LongStoryGB36

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Long Story
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 36' Classic
This question is not so much about our boats but some of the older equipment on them. I have the above unit and today while traveling I had something “New” happen. I’m watching my chart and wanted to zoom in as I crossed a “Reef” as it’s called up here. As I tried to do this my screen in the area of the boat went blank except for the boat icon and my tracks. I got a message “no chart data” yet over on the screen there was full data almost like the chart sections were not stitching together. After 15 min I crossed “The Line” and was back on the detailed chart from the dead zone. All I could do prior was to zoom out and the chart would fill in but I could not get the detail I needed. (I headed for known deep water rather then try to cross)

Anyone else experienced this or know the cause and fix?

Thanks

Russ
M/V Long Story

Russ, I'm not sure what you mean by the plotter still showing "full data" and don't know which chart you're using but the problem would be with C-Map & not the plotter if there's only a small area that looses detail. Do the chart boundary boxed show that charts are included in that area?

Russ, I'm not sure what you mean by the plotter still showing "full data" and don't know which chart you're using but the problem would be with C-Map & not the plotter if there's only a small area that looses detail. Do the chart boundary boxed show that charts are included in that area?

Thank you for the response. Answering last first, yes exactly-I show chart boundaries and in one area I have all the depth, chart color and contour lines. (What I call full chart data) but in the adjacent boundary area (same zoom level) I am blank except my ship icon and my track line. A message shown in the left bottom of the screen that says “no chart data”
By the way, the chart chip in question is southern Lake Michigan and I am focused in on a 14 mile area around Sturgeon Bay.

Thanks for responding
Russ

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom