Raymarine E97

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

David Burgess

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Callisto
Vessel Make
Grand Banks Classic 42’ Trawler
Anyone experienced with these units? My E97 Constantly shuts off on its own and then restarts. Everytime I attemp to touch the screen it turns off again. It’s like there is a power or ground issue, but so far I haven’t been able to find anything like that.

I had that happen on a 2006 vintage C120. To, troubleshoot, we disconnected all the cables, turned on the mfd and it stayed on. Turn off and connect one cable at a time, boot the mfd. On ours it turned out to be the gps antenna. When that cable was attached, the mfd would start then reboot itself. Replaced gps antenna and all was well. May work for your mfd.

I had that happen on a 2006 vintage C120. To, troubleshoot, we disconnected all the cables, turned on the mfd and it stayed on. Turn off and connect one cable at a time, boot the mfd. On ours it turned out to be the gps antenna. When that cable was attached, the mfd would start then reboot itself. Replaced gps antenna and all was well. May work for your mfd.
I have a C120 on our new to us boat...and it definitely does this!!!

I have an e127 and a128 on my boat now. Have never had anything like that happen. Have you checked the Raymarine forums and their support line? They have always been great when I called them.

Back
Top Bottom