Raymarine E120 MFD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codger2

Guru
Vessel Name
Circuit Breaker
Vessel Make
2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
I have a good friend who has one of these on his boat & I'm wondering if the rudder indicator can be shown on the screen all the time? It really helps when maneuvering in the marina to know the rudder position at a glance.

Attachments

• E 120.jpg
    E 120.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 57
I can check when I am on the boat next. I always use the rudder indicator that is on the autopilot display so have never considered setting it up on the MFD. Even though I have two of them, I’m still pretty protective of the screen real estate.

I had the smaller version of this unit (E80) and yes, rudder position is one of the data elements that can be always-displayed in the data bar.

Problem is the data boxes on the E-series wasted a huge amount of screen real estate. I had an E-80 in the old boat and hated that.

What sort of setup does the boat have now? Because the data has to come from somewhere and if you're going to add a sender to provide the data you might want to consider a separate gauge just for rudder angle. I've got a basic analog version on my helm stations and I agree, it's very helpful to have it. There's also a separate one that feeds into my Simrad autopilot and it's not been nearly as reliable as the simpler analog unit.

Back
Top Bottom