Raymarine & 3rd Party IP Cameras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scottwb96

Vessel Name
Star Weird
Vessel Make
Camargue
I am looking at adding a few IP (wired) cameras around the boat. Bought a switch and the adapters to connect everything together. Has anyone done this w/ Reolink (RLC-420) style cameras? Can't seem to get it to pull up or be recognized on the Raymarine Axiom 9 MFD (not pro). Checked the Raymarine forum and got some "specs" and I THINK I am good, but something seems to be missing... :( Appreciate any insight/feedback/suggestions.

***Will NOT be using Raymarine cams or analog cams***

Possibly, third-party IP cameras and video encoders (ex. Axis M70 Series Encoders (M7011, M7014, M7016), etc..) Third-party cameras are not tested by Raymarine, are not explicitly intended to be supported, and we cannot offer any support if you choose to use a third-party video device, but they may well work provided that they fulfil at least the following minimum requirements:
Must support H.264 video compression
Must support RTSP (Real Time Streaming Protocol)
Must support ONVIF Service Detection (ONVIF User Authentication MUST BE DISABLED) ... inability to configure this IP camera feature is the most common cause for IP camera incompatibility.
Must have DHCP enabled & Dynamic IP set to ON
720p or 1080P resolution

I would like to know some specific cameras that will work because I am not a technical guru and when people quote specs, they don’t mean much to me. I have 1 wired camera but would like to add some wireless cameras to my system.

Hey Dave,

If I don't get any replies, I am going to buy a few and try them out. I'll post back which ones worked or not (and level of difficulty) for each. If you have any in mind, let me know and I will grab them off of Amazon for testing...

forgot to upload the instructions... :)

Attachments

• Boat Cam Project instructions.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 147
Hi , how did you get on with the two Amazon cameras you listed ? The dome camera is unavailable now. I am after doing exactly as you did with an Axiom 9 and using a POE switch to bring all the IP cameras to the Axiom. The biggest issue is getting any camera log in to be removed ; even having a user name and a blank password wont do as that is still an anonymous log in, not Zero log in.
I have found this on the legacy Raymarine forum from a user who tried these and I think succeeded one he set to DHCP as well as no log in.

To view a stream in VLC to check it does not need authentication .
If the cameras still fail to be detected by the MFD after this then I would guess that there is still a level of authentication enabled (there's a difference between zero-authentication and 'allow anonymous logins', for example, where the latter is likely to still need a username of 'anonymous'.)

Use this to see if the stream is log in free:
URL of rtsp://camera-ip-address:8554/camera_stream_id

These have worked
I have tried two different IP Cameras:
Dahua model IPC-HFW1320S
Hikvision model DS-2CD2042WD-I
Use SADP tool to activate camera then disable log in

Last edited:
I have 1 wired camera but would like to add some wireless cameras to my system.
I am aware of your Raymarine MFD choices as I had the same models on my OA 42. My efforts to ad wireless IP cameras proved to be fruitless and a waste of money! I finally bit the bullet and added 4 Raymarine IP (220s $$$) & 1 analog for the ER. Although all were wired, they worked beautifully and made a significant contribution when I sold the boat.

From the bridge to the salon (1 HDMI cable from eS128 to smart tv)

Attachments

• cameras & smart TV.jpg
    cameras & smart TV.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 28
Hi , how did you get on with the two Amazon cameras you listed ? The dome camera is unavailable now. I am after doing exactly as you did with an Axiom 9 and using a POE switch to bring all the IP cameras to the Axiom. The biggest issue is getting any camera log in to be removed ; even having a user name and a blank password wont do as that is still an anonymous log in, not Zero log in.
I have found this on the legacy Raymarine forum from a user who tried these and I think succeeded one he set to DHCP as well as no log in.

To view a stream in VLC to check it does not need authentication .
If the cameras still fail to be detected by the MFD after this then I would guess that there is still a level of authentication enabled (there's a difference between zero-authentication and 'allow anonymous logins', for example, where the latter is likely to still need a username of 'anonymous'.)

Use this to see if the stream is log in free:
URL of rtsp://camera-ip-address:8554/camera_stream_id

These have worked
I have tried two different IP Cameras:
Dahua model IPC-HFW1320S
Hikvision model DS-2CD2042WD-I
Use SADP tool to activate camera then disable log in

So far no luck. Even the ones that said you could turn off user/pass authentication is still sending some sort of authentication stream... :(

Raymarine Axiom do not support wireless cameras at this time, Nov 2020. Due to their wireless bandwidth, Axiom cannot support streaming its own output to a wireless TV display ( or Miracast dongle/ TV) AND have clients ( tablets or phones) connected on the Raycontrol app OR also connect to a wi fi hot spot. Wired IP cameras are the way to go f we can find ones suitable!

PBU,
can you give more detail about what you found? Also, any pics as well as configuration challenges?

lol, details details details!!! :)

Watching this thread very closely. Hope it does not need to get anymoore techie than this model works when you do that.

HOSAFE Camera H2MB4WA

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

The camera was configured for DHCP and connected to the RayNet LAN.
It needs a 12V DC supply

Tested another HOSAFE Camera H2MD6PA

H2MD6PA-1.jpg

H2MD6PA-2.jpg

H2MD6PA-3.jpg

Knipsel.JPG

Knipsel2.JPG

Tested another HOSAFE Camera H2MD6PA
Settings as shown on the pictures
Testing with VLC
rstp://IPnr/11

Back