radio/Iphone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve

Guru
Vessel Name
Gumbo
Vessel Make
2003 Monk 36
I have a Sony music radio on Gumbo. It has a cable and plug to connect to an Ipod, the radio controls the Ipod functions. My Iphone which has the same music collection seems to fit this plug well but doesnt seem to work through it a message "Accessory connected" appears on the phone screen,.
I am wondering if they are simply not compatible or if there is some setting or adapter needed that I dont know of.
Any suggestions.
Why not just use the Ipod? Because sometimes I forget it at home, I guess that'll be occuring more and more as time goes by.
Thanks!
Steve W

Plug the phone into your computer and do a full restore. It worked for my neighbor whom had a similar issue. It was a common complaint after the upgrade to iOS 6

Thanks, I restored but still won't play. I looked on the internet, people with a similar problem solved it by digging pocket lint out of the connector "trench" I did find lint and removed it but still no good. I'll look around some more
Steve W.

Steve, I seem to have the same radio and the similar experiences.

I have the ipod adapter to the Sony Xplod stereo and it works OK with my older 30GB ipod, although it's a very clumsy interface. It's the old style iPod with the rotary control on the face, the version just before the Touch iPod. My wife has the Touch iPod and I get some message about incompatibility and it will not charge on the Sony stereo.

I added an RCA jack splitter to the back of the stereo and connected a 3.5mm jack for the earphone plug. I provide the charge via a separate 30 pin connector hooked into a 12V USB adapter. The iPod works through the iPod controls and it charges.

I then bought a Tunelink bluetooth adapter and plug the 3.5mm jack into it and can charge from the USB plug in the adapter which is plugged into the 12v outlet. I can now roam the boat wirelessly (when not charging) with the Touch iPod or my android phone and listen to and control the music from the device. Works well for me but PG had a very different experience with theirs and returned it for a refund. So YMMV...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom