Old 09-30-2014, 04:59 PM   #1

City: Seattle
Overhead Light Replacement Ocean Alexander Parts

Other than taking an old light bulb or fixture into the store for a replacement, or taking a picture and measurements with voltage, wattage what is the best way to determine the correct new bulb to purchase? Not very interested in LED but could be an option.

Fixture bulb:

all measurements in inches

goes in 20 watt max fixture 12V

overall length 1.25
prong length .310
prong dia. .027
bulb dia rounded part .315

Electrical panel bulb
12V 3 watt
metal base dia. .587
distance between contacts center to center .280
total bulb height 1.355
widest point on glass .715
mounting pins .075 from bottom (flat portion not including contacts) located 180 degrees apart both at same place with respect to bottom, pins about .040 tall
Attached Files
File Type: pdf boat elect panel bulb 1.pdf (113.6 KB, 67 views)
File Type: pdf boat fixture 1.pdf (138.0 KB, 51 views)
File Type: pdf boat fixture bulb.pdf (165.1 KB, 50 views)
File Type: pdf electrical panel bulb.pdf (121.5 KB, 50 views)
SeastheDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 06:52 PM   #2
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
Mr. SD. I suggest you peruse this mess. I'm sure you'll find something. Remember, Google is your friend.
https://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...amp+base+chart
Old 09-30-2014, 06:58 PM   #3

City: Seattle
Thanks, I did find light bulbs that should work at the links below. My main issue is the ceiling fixture which could be Cantalupi but has no name or writing on it other than 20w max and 12v. Best method to measure the fixture for size and go from there? Trying to find the best and fastest method for finding lights, key blanks and products for OA owners. Seems convoluted since most boats are part or completely custom and you can't simply go to autopartswarehouse and lookup your car model. mmimarine.com, fisheries supply..

Halogen G4 Xenon Bulb - 12V 20W :: Cantalupi USA Marine, Yacht, Cruise & Architectural Lighting

Candlepower Replacement Light Bulb - 90 - 12V/6CP - Double Contact
SeastheDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:17 AM   #4
Guru

City: Annapolis
Vessel Name: Ranger
Vessel Model: 58' Sedan Bridge
Seize:

Check out www.drsa.com and look for fixtures labeled Mako or Cayman Broc (or maybe that's Brac). The trim rings and lenses may not actually look like what you have, but the fixture itself does, sorta kind,a from your pics. And then if it's near enough but not exact, they may have other models that actually match what you're after.

I suggest them because they've been very helpful to our owners club.

Then check our www.marinebeam.com and look for G4 bulb replacements. Their Force 12 (12-diode) warm white replacement discs are excellent. (Their 10-diode "X-Beam discs are OK, too, but I recently replaced a bunch of G4 halogens on dimming circuits and also several elder LEDs on non-dimming circuits, and found the increased lumens from the 12s suited our situation better.)

In our case, I did not have to replace fixtures; it was a simple bulb (disc) swap.

-Chris