Old 04-12-2021, 08:45 AM   #1

City: Tampa, FL
Vessel Name: Bagus
Vessel Model: Kadey Krogen 52-01
Output Fusion stereo to Bluetooth speakers

I have a Fusion RA770 4 zone stereo unit. I’m using 3 wired zones to salon, pilothouse and flybridge. I’d like to have music in my cockpit but there is no easy way to get wires to this location. I’d like to stream zone 4 (rca outs) to a powered Bluetooth speaker in the cockpit. I’ve been searching for a Bluetooth amplifier that will accept rca inputs and output to Bluetooth speakers but haven’t been able to find such a device. Anyone know of a device that will allow me to take rca inputs and output to a Bluetooth speaker?

I can simply stream music from my phone to the Bluetooth speaker but I primarily listen to satellite radio. I can stream Sirius radio while within cellular coverage but this becomes a problem when outside cellular range.
Wdeertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 09:28 AM   #2

Sorry after posting this I believe I’ve found a device which will achieve what I am looking to do. I couldn’t find a way to delete posting so am sharing the device I found in case anyone has this need.
Attached Thumbnails
A0E8C7E7-F7E4-4798-8C80-C5A12FD54FB8.jpg  
Old 06-16-2021, 04:06 PM   #3

City: Lewis Center, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdeertz View Post
Sorry after posting this I believe I’ve found a device which will achieve what I am looking to do. I couldn’t find a way to delete posting so am sharing the device I found in case anyone has this need.
How did this device work for you? I have the same need.

Thanks
billg72340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 04:43 PM   #4

Device works great, there is about a 300-400ms delay from the other 3 zones which have hardwired speakers but when I am using the Bluetooth speaker I turn these other zones off so the delay isn’t an issue. The delay is pretty much unavoidable because of the wireless nature of Bluetooth. If you wanted to use the Bluetooth zone simultaneously with another hardwired zone and they could both be heard at the same time it would quickly give you a headache.
Old 06-17-2021, 07:16 PM   #5
Guru

City: Bethesda, MD
Vessel Name: Solstice
Vessel Model: Grand Banks 47 Eastbay FB
Bluetooth range is the killer, it's difficult to get good coverage more than 30' away, and then only with a clear line-of-sight. It's both the transmitter AND the receiving unit that have to be able to do longer ranges. I ran into this setting up 'rock box' portable speakers for backyard movie nights.

Latency compared to the source WILL drive you crazy if you're close enough to hear both for anything more than a few seconds.
Old 06-17-2021, 07:23 PM   #6
Guru

City: Bethesda, MD
Vessel Name: Solstice
Vessel Model: Grand Banks 47 Eastbay FB
I've not used it but supposedly if you've got wifi or ethernet between two Fusion radios that are capable of PartyBus you can play the source from one of them across to others in the PartyBus group, and keep them synced.

I've never used it and don't know if it allows sharing Sirius that way or not. But if it worked you'd be able to add another Fusion head unit, connect that to local speakers and then use a network to group them.

But the cost of a second head unit would make me really want to look into solving the wiring situation first. Run a 4-wire 18awg cable from the existing radio (for left/right and their grounds) and then add one of their compact MS-AM702 amplifiers to drive the local speakers. I have one of those amps on our flybridge and it drives the speakers quite nicely even when we're running 20kts.
Old 06-17-2021, 07:56 PM   #7

I can use my Bose Bluetooth speaker pretty much anywhere onboard and always have clear, crisp music so connecting hasn’t been an issue. Quite frankly the latency could be 2 seconds and it wouldn’t bother me at all as I said I only use the Bluetooth zone by itself.