Northstar AP-380 autopilot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Enola B

Veteran Member
I was wondering if anybody has expirence with this autopilot.* Seems that they have been discontinued here in the US but I was able to pick up a new system complete with (2) NS-3300 control heads at a good price.* Going to use my old Benmar servo that I have modified to work with this autopilot.* It is going to be a while before the installation is done and I get to try it out but I was just curious, did I make a good choice?** Any feedback?*

Bill

Hi,

I have had a Navman/Northstar G-Pilot autopilot on my motorsailor for years, and it has performed very well in all seas. I have coupled it to a powerful B&G electric drive on the rotary steering tube on CARIAD and it has worked very well. The inertial sensor helps the AP steer with following seas as long as you have a powerful and fast acting drive.

I noticed that you bought two control heads. I am looking to acquire another control head. Do you know if the vendor that you purchased your system from has more or would you be willing to sell me one of yours?

Cheers

Garrett Myers

SV CARIAD

Great Lakes

313-882-2249

Hi Garrett,
Thank you for the info. Guss I didn't make a bad choice on the autopilot make. The Control heads I got from "Consumers Marine Electronics" when they had them on close out price. They don't list them
any more but I think if you do a google search you might find some place that still has them. That's what I had to do for the Course computer kit. Got lucky and found one. I am using both
the control heads on my boat, one on the fly bridge and one at the lower helm. I found the computer at "Northeast Marine Electonics" Don't know if they have any parts left or not tho.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom