nmea 2000 usb adapter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

magna 6882

Guru
Vessel Name
Intrepid
Vessel Make
North Pacific/ NP-45 Hull 10
Thinking about adding a usb adapter so i can get to nmea 2000 via the laptop. I see devices anywhere from $189 to $450. Any suggestions? Obviously cheaper is better but not at the expense of working correctly.

I have a Maretron unit for sale, new with no box. I will get a price in the morning and send you a message.

Thinking about adding a usb adapter so i can get to nmea 2000 via the laptop. I see devices anywhere from $189 to $450. Any suggestions? Obviously cheaper is better but not at the expense of working correctly.

It will depend on what you want to do with it. There are many N2K to USB devices, but very little overlap in what you can do with each one. Every manufacturers seems to want their own, and others aren't supported by their software. I think I have 4 or 5 of them, each limited to use with one or two devices/applications. It's both frustrating, and expensive.

So tell us what you hope to do on the laptop, and we can probably steer you in the right direction.

I have an airmar weather station and am able to show data on the garmin 8612s but they have weather castor software so i though i could show that on another screen .I also thought it might be a good idea to be able see the network for any troubleshooting that may come up.

I have an airmar weather station and am able to show data on the garmin 8612s but they have weather castor software so i though i could show that on another screen .I also thought it might be a good idea to be able see the network for any troubleshooting that may come up.

My recollection is that Weathercaster supports Actisense’s N2K to USB adapter. You could also then use the Actisense diagnostic tools. But that adapter is not supported by Material s diag tools - only their own adapters.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom