NMEA 2000 Cables and Connectors Source

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CaptTom

Guru
Vessel Make
Prairie 36 Coastal Cruiser
I've got several devices now that can talk NMEA 2000, and my plan for connecting them all is coming along nicely.

I need a few more drop cables and T connectors to put everything together.

I got a bad case of sticker looking at the prices, and lack of selection, at the usual suppliers.

I know with computer and video cables, there are a few suppliers that sell products at the "real" price, not the inflated electronics store price.

Anyone know of such a place for NMEA components?

Wemgot our stuff at Blue Heron Marine. We opted for a Maretron NMEA block and used Actisense power T's, along with an assortment of Maretron cables.
Blue Heron Marine

Attachments

• image-3417910946.jpg
    image-3417910946.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
I've bought from Blue Heron, Defender, Hodges, and others. All are pretty expensive, but if you are buying more than one or two pieces it's worth shopping around.

The Maretron stuff is first rate with metal fittings, etc. but you pay for it. As an alternative, the Garmin Tees and cables have plastic ends which I believe are still water tight, and they are noticeably less expensive. So that's one route to save some $$.

Another possibility is that I believe all the N2K stuff is standard CAN-BUS hardware the same as used in industrial manufacturing. I started looking into this a while ago but never followed through, but there might be industrial sources that carry the same stuff. It would just take some research to confirm it's really the same and see if there are less expensive sources.

Back
Top Bottom