New Flat Antenna For Sat TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it for TV or is it for communications? I skimmed the site and didn't see any mention of TV satellites but saw they were geared for communications. It seems like we'd have a hard time getting a satellite at these latitudes here on the Chesapeake with a flat panel.

Pricing for the Kymeta antenna is around $15K and a I don't think it has been adapted to work with direct broadcast satellite television yet. There are several companies and a lot of money chasing flat panel electronically steered antennas. Two that seem to be making some progress are Phasor and Isotropic. I think it is going to be another couple of years before the price comes down to compete with the smaller stabilized satellite tv antennas.

Tom

They are not small. I saw it at the Seattle Boat Show. The price certainly put me off as well as the size of it.

I believe they are gearing toward Sat TV. In the article in Northwest Yachting they state for Sat TV. There was a comparison between the motorized units like my KVH-M-7 and Kymeta. No moving part! I hope this catches on and prices go down. A new KVH-HD-7 is around 14K, so not far off in price.

Back
Top Bottom