Need help wiring wireless windlass remote

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stabi

From a past recommendation here on TF, I purchased a Telecrane brand wireless remote for my windlass. The windlass has a 3 post reversing solenoid with 3 control terminals (+ - +).
The Telecrane model F21-2S Wiring Diagram (pictured below) is confusing for my geriatric brain.

Would someone PLEASE inform me the correct wiring sequence.
I assume that the Yellow (UP) and the Blue (DOWN) connect to the 2 solenoid + control terminals, correct?
BLack - Power 1? Switched?;
White - Power 2 ,fused?,
Orange - COM ( MAIN), fused?
Red - MAIN (COM)?
Grey - RO/START ?

Telecrane wiring.jpg

Most what I am reading ....I think is for AC motors. Not that it may matter.

Is your windlass AC?

The windlass is 12 volt and the Telecrane remote was billed as a 12 volt remote control. There is a sticker on the remote control that states AC/DC(12V-72V)

Pictures of the windlass and relay box might help.

The solenoid is a Maxwell sp5104. The wiring is like the attached picture below'
Thanks

Attachments

• TF forum Telecrane.jpg
    TF forum Telecrane.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Is the first diagram you posted supposed to be connected to a solenoid or directly to a winch/windlass?

The 10A fuse connection is what is throwing me...lust seemingly too many wires for your application.

I wouldn't try to guess without the manufacturer's input...the exception is hook up the obvious and see what outputs you get using a multi-meter.

@Stabi
I went to the Telecrane website and cannot find a m/n "F21-25". Are you certain of the m/n?

10a fuse I'll have it on the + side powering the switch from the battery for your low amp 12v signal power to the selnoid.

@Stabi
I went to the Telecrane website and cannot find a m/n "F21-25". Are you certain of the m/n?

Hi Charlie The model is F21-2S as in F21 - Two Sierra

TowLou 10a fuse I'll have it on the + side powering the switch from the battery for your low amp 12v signal power to the selnoid.

Hi TowLou

Do you think that just 3 wires are needed, Orange to + Yellow & Blue (Up & Down) to the solenoid?

Thanks for your help

@Stabi
Yes, I saw that after I posted. However, there is no F21-2S on the website, only an F21-E2 so it certainly appears that this is a discontinued model.

I think your best bet is to wait until you can make contact with their tech support. They are a big outfit so I would expect you will hear from them in short order. Give them a call.

I agree, CALL them. Get a name of a technician or service guy and an email for that dept. and the person.

I studied your wiring diagram and it looks like that is the actual receiver for the push button wireless control which is why it needs the 10A supply.

Their abbreviations are not much help without the meaning.
If you, AND we, were familiar with those abbrev. it would be simple.
Without the abbrev. it could be darned expensive guesswork.

ANd yes I've tried guessing but knowing is better.

Hi Charlie The model is F21-2S as in F21 - Two Sierra

TowLou10a fuse I'll have it on the + side powering the switch from the battery for your low amp 12v signal power to the selnoid.

Hi TowLou

Do you think that just 3 wires are needed, Orange to + Yellow & Blue (Up & Down) to the solenoid?

Thanks for your help
What 3 wires do you mean?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom