Navionics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Madhatter53

Veteran Member
Vessel Make
Hatteras 53MY
Just got a new iPad and wanted to get a navionics app but they all Show discontinued. I have my older app but is an old version and it worked great.
Is there any recommendations for something else or should I just use what I have til it stops?

Try downloading, Navionics Marine and Lakes, should work.

Search threads about Aqua Map, may be an alternative.

-Chris

Very odd!

I just found it in apple App Store under “navionics”

IMG_0658.jpg

I have Navionics on an iPad and iPhone and like it.

But I think that you should also look at Aqua Map as mentioned above. It has significant improvements. All of the LNM ATON changes are reflected in the app. It also has the USACE survey data which is pretty important in some parts of the ICW.

Can display both Active Captain and Waterway Guide notices.

My $.02.

We used Navionics on IPad last year, worked well until they did the AIS upgrade. We had random map freezing requiring a reboot. Did everything Navionics help suggested, no joy. Then bought a brand new iPad Air still no joy. Now trying Aqua map. Used it on a two week cruise, so far works great with AIS. Only feature missing is the auto routing that Navionics had, but you need to completely review an auto route before using.

We used Navionics on IPad last year, worked well until they did the AIS upgrade. We had random map freezing requiring a reboot. Did everything Navionics help suggested, no joy. Then bought a brand new iPad Air still no joy. Now trying Aqua map. Used it on a two week cruise, so far works great with AIS. Only feature missing is the auto routing that Navionics had, but you need to completely review an auto route before using.

We've been using Navionics for years. Liked it. We had the boat out this last weekend and Navionics kept freezing. It seems it's something to do with gps; a quick shack of the iPad would "wake it up" and it'd work for about a minute and then freeze again.

Others?

Hi Ray, We use a Vesper XB8000 with wireless/nema 183 & 2000. The wireless gps signal works well and with the nema 2000 Vesper I also get depth on the iPad with both Aqua map and Navionics from our Raymarine system. Only the Navionics freezes up. I also have a PC with Opncaptain using the Vesper wireless gps with no issues. We liked the Navionics until the freeze issue.

Back
Top Bottom