Music on board

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What are folks using for FM antennas? can you run a splitter off the vhf antenna?

I wouldn’t do that. Anything you do to your VHF has potential to degrade its performance, and your VHF may well be your most valuable piece of safety equipment someday.

I find that music in the helm area distracting when trying to listen to the VHF traffic.
IF you insist on having speakers outside the boat, install an ON OFF switch and also a separated volume control. Others around you may not appreciate your music. MUMBLE MUMBLE.

I installed a Glomex VHfor AIS/Radio Splitter. It works well and I don't see any performance issues with my VHF or AIS receivers.

I have a small wire type antenna made for a boat which I just have run inside the flybridge. works fine. As has been said, don't try to use the VHF antenna.

Something like the Glomex RA201 should be fine.

Ken

I really get a kick out of boat listings where the owner spends more time describing the sound system than the mechanics or maintenance of the boat. Sometimes showing pictures of the speakers, etc.

Same goes for the underwater lights.

Both are often on "Go Fast " boats or wakeboard boats. To each his own, I guess.

pete

Back
Top Bottom