Mini Maglite flashlight parts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
"Dragon Lady"
Vessel Make
DeFever 41
While changing batteries in one of my Mini-Maglites, it rolled into the biIge sump. I had to completely dismantle it in order to clean out the salty oily crud.

The bulb prongs push into tiny metal contacts (pics) that are normally hidden behind a small plastic disc at the bulb-end of the flashlight. In the process of cleaning, I lost these contacts:facepalm:. They do not appear in the parts list or exploded diagrams on MagLite's website.

Does anyone know if these items are available as repair parts and, if so, from where? A part number would be great.

FYI: I originally contacted Maglite with this problem. They sent me the name of their "Caribbean distributor" - a car accessory shop in Barbados. Said shop had no idea what I was talking about.

Attachments

• Maglite-1.jpg
    Maglite-1.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 1,926
  • Maglite-2.jpg
    Maglite-2.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 263
Honestly, is it really worth the trouble? What with the advent of nicely made 200 lumin (or better) "Cree" bulbed aluminum compact flashlights now on the market for $10-$20 it wouldn't seem so. Sure, they're all likely made in China, but I've picked up several very nice quality lights and will never go back to Maglights..

Are you talking about this mini mag in the AAA size?

product_mm_led_aaa_2c_color_blk.jpg

I've got some parts in a parts drawer I can send you no charge. Here's what I have in the AAA size:

img_300530_1_681bcd83e41155ebc2e9a5799c9ffe8b.jpg

img_300530_2_210a2adaa530d4805da6b7592de633e9.jpg

I used to purchase those from Grainger but they only list replacement bulbs on their website. You can try calling Grainger customer service as they routinely sell me parts not listed on their website or catalog.

Heron - Yes, I could junk all three of my Maglites and replace with the latest technology. These are well made reliable tools and I hate the idea of shelling out $20 because I can't source a 1¢ component.

FW - Many thanks for the offer of components FOC. Unfortunately the sick Maglite is an AA battery incandescent unit. Should have made that clear in my original post.

CPs - Grainger Hmmm? Can't hurt to try. Will report back.

DHM, Many thanks for the offer. Trouble is I am in the Caribbean and getting the bits here would be prohibitively expensive. Really appreciate the offer.

Back
Top Bottom