Mainship pilot 34 110vac outlets not working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kuno

Vessel Make
Mainship pilot 34
Hi,
Two to three minutes after I started the generator on my newly purchased 2001 Mainship pilot 34, the outlets quit working. There is an inverter with a large battery bank and it might have kicked on to charge and overloaded the circuit. Where is the circuit breaker for all the outlets. I tried resetting the ground fault outlet with no success.
Brian

The AC outlet breaker should be on the main panel, right side is AC circuits.

It may be that a GFCI has tripped. There is a GFCI outlet on the bow side end of the galley and it serves all outlets on that side through a main panel breaker. All outlets downstream of that one will be off if it has tripped. So check the reset button on the outlet.

There is a stbd side breaker but I don’t think that one has a GFCI outlet on it.

David

GFCI outlets go bad. Maybe you just need a new outlet.

IS this a next gen generator? Is there AC power to the other rest of the system?

110 AC outlets not working, PILOT 34

I changed the ground fault outlet for a new one and removed and tested the panel switches. All are good. Still no power. There must be an overload protector between the panel and the thirty amp shore power outlet. Does anyone know where it is?
Brian

I changed the ground fault outlet for a new one and removed and tested the panel switches. All are good. Still no power. There must be an overload protector between the panel and the thirty amp shore power outlet. Does anyone know where it is?
Brian

If a NextGen generator and it was last shutdown under load, the big capacitor on the thing may have blown. I keep a spare aboard. You can check for voltage right at the power head on a Nextgen. Have you checked to see if any other ac equipment is running? My panel has amber light at each AC circuit breaker. If none of them light up with the generator running and switched into the system, there is no electricity coming out of my generator.

Are just the outlets on the galley side out or both sides? Do other 110V things like the A/C work?

David

110 AC outlets not working, PILOT 34

I think the generator kicked out under load from the 3 kw inverter/charger bank coming on with a tea kettle plugged in. It is nextgen 3.5. I have contacted a marine electrician who was talking about generator capacitors. Also a 2013 older Magnus pure sinewave inverter controller. I will see what he finds in a couple days and let you know what the problem was.
Regards,
Brian

I have the 3.5 KW Nextgen, and there is a red reset button on the side of it to reset the 30-Amp breaker. Give that a push and retry. If that does not work, the problem is probably the capacitor. If you are not handy in the simple part of the electrical world, I would watch the mechanic/electrician replace it if that is the issue and then carry a space capacitor - it's easy. And never start or stop the genny with a load on it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom