Mainship 400 lost GPS connection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PaulB.

Veteran Member
My GPS has disappeared from its E80 main base in my 2006 Mainship 400. I have not been able to trace it. It starts out white coming down the mast and disappears behind the Jenair in the summer kitchen. Only black wire show up the Seatalk junction boxes, E80 and E120. Does any one know where my white wire goes? Thanks. Paul

Hi Paul. Hopefully someone might be able to help. To give the post greater viewing, I've moved the thread from 'How to use the forum, etc' to 'Electronics and Navigation', which seemed a better fit. :flowers:

Hi,

what GPS unit do you have, not the screen. Some raymarine GPS units have a battery inside that no longer provides power and gives the result No Fix and the device does not work.

NBs

Thanks both. With more diligence ( and flashlight and cutters for wire ties) I was able to find a splice from white to black and a hidden sea talk connection block. Now the detective work begins to find the fault. For future reference then cable ran inside the port fly ridge coaming to the upper helm station to its own connection block and another sea talk wire takes it down to the main sea talk bus bar below the lower cabin stairs. I had the battery issue on my sailboat so I am familiar with it. Thanks again. Paul

Back
Top Bottom