Mainship 350/390 Electrics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really think the OP should just get a qualified electrician. We don't understand exactly how his setup is configured and he doesn't seem comfortable with it. That can be a bad combination around electricity.

danderer #31: I have been trying to lead him in the basic troubleshooting process required to sort this out. If his answers to #28 &#29 were unfavorable; I was going recommend that he engage a qualified marine electrician.

Update

danderer #31: I have been trying to lead him in the basic troubleshooting process required to sort this out. If his answers to #28 &#29 were unfavorable; I was going recommend that he engage a qualified marine electrician.

Ok I have given up on my Line 2 it might be a faulty breaker but I am not sure if I can get one ? boat is 1999/2000.

so All appliances from Line 2 were moved to line 1 plenty of spare breakers and plenty of power too.

it is working really well the only issue is that I will have to label the new breakers with the appropriate appliance.

Thanks for all your help guys, My initial thought that its a typical Mainship fault and easy to fix.

The fault with the breaker might be from a water leak when table on top deck was removed in the past.

Thanks again to every one that replied and helped.

Tom

Hmmm... with that... hard to know what the problem really was.

if it was just the breaker, a new one might have cost 10 GBP... and it's most likely not a Mainship-specific products, more likely something off the shelf from Carling Technologies and sold by Blue Seas, Whitecap, etc.) or similar... Could maybe have been a 10-minute fix...

-Chris

Did the problem arise after you changed your docking arrangement? Could it be that the two shore cords are different phases? Not familiar with UK wiring..

no change

Did the problem arise after you changed your docking arrangement? Could it be that the two shore cords are different phases? Not familiar with UK wiring..

Nothing was changed boat left with electricity on via line 1 with parallel on
only bilge pumps and battery charger were left on.

Batteries were left on my return a week later and battery charger was on line 2
line 1 has always been good.

Hmmm... with that... hard to know what the problem really was.

if it was just the breaker, a new one might have cost 10 GBP... and it's most likely not a Mainship-specific products, more likely something off the shelf from Carling Technologies and sold by Blue Seas, Whitecap, etc.) or similar... Could maybe have been a 10-minute fix...

-Chris

Possibly correct now I have all working well and will replace the breaker on line 2 and see if it fixes the problem, it has been quite easy to switch appliances between the lines, once you identity the correct live and neutral wires.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom