LED light fixture for fan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jwnall

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Morgan
Vessel Make
Gulfstar 36
Friend of mine (acquaintance, actually) has a houseboat which has, believe it or not, a Hunter fan mounted in the ceiling. Kind of a Travis McGee sort of houseboat. Anyway, after seeing all the cool LED fixtures I have on my Gulfstar, he wants to mount a LED light on his Hunter fan. Not just a bulb in an existing light fixture, but a complete light fixture which is LED from start to finish.

Anyone have any leads (kind of a pun on LED there) that I can pass on to him? I googled the subject, but no joy. I'm sure he would be grateful for any lead (pun again -- kind of pushing it, I guess).

Ceiling fans are cool; this little guy, courtesy of the PO, really knows how to blow:

aqcpEPB3T6o-tZ2uArjJ0OFJUIbv_rynPmnv0CZN9II=w404-h539-no

The first place I'd consult is Hunter themselves. The next place would be marinebeam.com for LED advice.

Could you not buy a standard lamp/fan then install led bulbs?

I've got a ceiling fan at home with E11 halogen bulbs that I'd like to replace with LED. I've tried, but cannot find a source for dimmable LED E11 tube-type bulbs to replace the pair of 75W halogens.

Could you not buy a standard lamp/fan then install led bulbs?

Yes. But the problem has to do with headroom where the lamp is. A light attachment for a Hunter fan is quite large. What he is trying to find is something small which would attach to the place on the fan where a light attachment would ordinarily go, and put out some light. Not necessarily a whole lot of light, but enough to be able to see things. It can be done with LED strips, of course, but something which is made to fit there to begin with would look better.

Greetings,
Mr. FW. Have you considered converting from E11 sockets to another socket type where you CAN get dimmable LED bulbs?

Onite 6x E11 to E26 E27 Socket Adapter - - Amazon.com

There seems to be several conversion options available.

Good thought..one I had not considered, but the 'globe' below the fan is fairly flat and the receptacle is very close to the flat metal surface below the fan.

Thanks. I might order one to give it a try to see if it fits. If it works, it would be worth it. Maybe the E11 to E12 adapter would fit.

Just stick a step down LED transformer in where the light kit for the ceiling fan would go and mount any DC LED light you want to the cover plate.

I've got a ceiling fan at home with E11 halogen bulbs that I'd like to replace with LED. I've tried, but cannot find a source for dimmable LED E11 tube-type bulbs to replace the pair of 75W halogens.

Try Amazon

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom