Koden T-760 radar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably better than the Koden T-759 but not as good as the Koden T-761.

Just kidding, never heard of them, Welcome Aboard.

pete

Sitex T-760 radar

hello. I haven't seen Koden for a while now. I think they dropped the name.
I just recently purchased a boat with a Sitex T-760. I think once I am more familiar it will be decent.

Koden Electronics Co. LTD. Japan
They make marine and industrial electronics. Radars for boats and ships.
They're usually at the commercial Pacific Marine Expo in Seattle that runs in late November every year (if it hasn't been burned down).
I have an old MD-3000 radar as backup. It's a good radar, not quite Furuno IMO, but good picture. The radar came on my current boat bought in BC. Maybe there's a dealer close to you.

I have an ancient cathode ray Koden radar which is still excellent so using that as a guide for longevity and ease of use, I bought a Koden (Si-tex) plotter and depth sounder and despite them working as advertised I curse them every time I turn the buggers on. They also have the most ridiculously useless manuals (they are also falling apart, now a pile of loosely-gathered sheets of incomprehensible paper) that I also curse every time I open them.

If you want a plotter, get an iPad, I use one as a back-up with Navionics and its way better than this new plotter and its replaced Standard Horizon. Oops, you don't want a plotter...

I still like my ancient radar.

I just have the T-760 because it came with the boat. I just upgraded to the Furuno TZ3 MFD

I don't think the T-760 is a Koden radar, I think it's made by JRC. It's sold here by Sitex. Sitex sells products made by other manufacturers under the Sitex name. Their other 2 radars the T-900 and T-2000 are made by Koden.
Sitex announced that they've worked with Rose Point on an interface so the Sitex Koden radars will overlay on your Coastal Explorer. Pretty cool.
I've dealt with Sitex in the past, nice guys, knowledgeable and easy to work with.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom