inverter advice for heated windows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tugboater

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Sojourn
Hi All-

I'm need to purchase an inverter - one that turns 24V into 120V. The windows require a total of 1100 watts, so I don't need any more than 1500W, so nothing high capacity. I do want to buy a quality unit though...no cheapo stuff. Anyone here using something like this with good or bad reviews?

Thanks, Eric

Many OTR trucks today have 24v systems and have good low priced inverters.

Sine wave is not required , so expensive doesn't pay.

The better units are quite reliable .

I like Aims Power inverters, they have a one year warranty and have been good to work with. Pure sine has become so cheap it hardly makes sense to get one that isn't.

$299 for 1500 watts from 24V, pure sine so you could plug other things into it safely if you chose to do so in the future:

https://www.aimscorp.net/1500-Watt-24-Volt-Pure-Sine-Inverter.html

Greetings,
Mr. t.

200.webp

Are you aware that 1,100 watts out of the inverter for the heated window means more than 50 amps of 24V DC into the inverter. What do you have for a house battery bank, and what do you use to charge them?

I assume that this is for underway. 50 amps is a lot to expect from your engine's alternator if that is what you expect to use. If you plan to just use the house batteries to supply the power a pair of 8Ds (and I hate 8Ds) wired in series will only run the heater for a couple hours.

David

Are you aware that 1,100 watts out of the inverter for the heated window means more than 50 amps of 24V DC into the inverter. What do you have for a house battery bank, and what do you use to charge them?

I assume that this is for underway. 50 amps is a lot to expect from your engine's alternator if that is what you expect to use. If you plan to just use the house batteries to supply the power a pair of 8Ds (and I hate 8Ds) wired in series will only run the heater for a couple hours.

David

Morning David-
The heated windows are only powered while underway. You are spot on with your comments. We run an higher output alternator specifically because of the windows.
thx
Eric

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom