Garmin 2010C charts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bligh

Guru
Vessel Name
Concerto
Vessel Make
1980 Cheoy Lee
Our new to us NT has two rather old (old in electronics) circa 2005 10" Garmin 2010C chartplotters. They actually seem like pretty good chartplotters from their era. However they dont have any local charts in them. I checked the Garmin website and they dont sell charts for them anymore. I pulled the card out of it and a picture of it is below.

I also found this in amazon, but I am unsure if it is the same card or not.

http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Bluech...d=1397599048&sr=8-1&keywords=garmin+bluechart

Can anyone advise me as to whether the card from amazon will
a)work at all.
b) just plug into the chartplotter and work
or c) need to somehow transfer the data from the amazon card to the existing card.

I am planning on buying new electronics for the boat, I am just hoping to stave it off till next year when I have more moolah.

Attachments

• 2014-04-13 16.29.00.jpg
    2014-04-13 16.29.00.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 88
Nope. That chart is on a micro SD card in an SD adapter. Your photo shows a Garmin proprietary card from several years ago. You might be able to find charts for your plotter on ebay.

We had exactly the same plotter on our NT when we bought her, with the disadvantage that the included charts were only for American waters - Washington State and Alaska. And since we live on the BC coast we had little option but to sell the plotter ($200) and upgrade. We went with a Simrad system (Don't a$k) and are very happy. The Simrad uses Navionics charts would are plentifully available and should always be obtainable.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom