Fuses for Jabsco spotlight controller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brisyboy

Vessel Name
Malagari
Vessel Make
Island Gypsy 36 Europa
itt436700003.jpg

Hi,

I am just finishing installing an older style remote controlled Jabsco spotlight (2nd hand from ebay) and all is good except I am just checking what fuses the controller (pictured) should have. They are housed in the rectangular boxes and there weren't any when I bought it- I have been using 10a to check it operates but now want the correct size. They are a two prong modern auto style fuse.

Unfortunately I can`t find a wiring diagram

I think that is like what I have on my boat... I have no idea what size fuse they are but I can look tomorrow when I go to the boat, if I don’t get CRS disease before then. We are doing an alignment on the engine I had out of the boat.

Hey Dave,

Had a chance to look at those fuses?

Cheers

Sorry, no I have not. My back has flared up. Hopefully I will be able to go tomorrow.

Headed to boat tonight, will post. I have the same unit.

I have a Ray-Line (ITT Jabsco) model 61040-4002 that looks similar. it uses two automotive type fuses that are located in the control. One 10 amp protects the bulb circuit, the other is a 3 amp that protects the motor circuit. Hope this helps. I have the manual in PDF I could send you if you provide your email address. It has some installation info.

Sorry, no I have not. My back has flared up. Hopefully I will be able to go tomorrow.
Dave,

Sorry to hear about your back - it must have reached out to mine as my back is giving me a touch up at the moment -bugga.

Hope yours gets better soon.

George

Thanks for your thoughts. It is really bad right now. Just getting out of the chair is a chore and my wife has been helping me get up. Hopefully it will ease up on me soon. I have work to do on my boat!

Thanks for the Rayline manual. It does indeed have the info about the fuses in it too.

Facing unit with label at the top, 3a left side, 10a right.

The manual does not say which is which. I would just pull one and see what doesn’t work, the motor or the light.

Just a bit more info that I learnt when I made one working light out of two parts lights:

Wiring loom:
orange/grey/black to the light, black earth
green/brown up and down
yellow blue side to side.

Seem to remember that the up/down or side to side won`t work unless the light is on, so if your unit is totally dead, check the bulb first (after the fuse and whether or not you are getting power to the controller:)).

I`m pretty sure the 10A fuse runs the light - the three wires going to the light are a gauge heavier than the motion wires - I assume the light pulls a fair amount of current as it gets pretty hot and would need the 10A

cheers

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom