Fuses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The MaryAnn

Vessel Name
The MaryAnn
Vessel Make
34' Californian Trawler
Hi, I'm having a problem with my wipers and horn not working and I'm not sure where the fuse box would be on my 34' twin engine Californian diesel trawler. I was told it could be a ground wire by the Yacht tech guy?

I know there's a bunch of wires under the driving station in the cabin. Also my starter controls don't work upstairs, sincerely Mark on the MaryAnn.

When you say fuse box of you're thinking automotive style fuse box you won't have one.

You may have dedicated breaker switches on the main panel or a sub panel.

You may have inline fuses.

If previous owners have monkeyed with the wiring there's no telling what you'll find.

Your tech gives you a good suggestion. Grounds are a common problem on older boats.

It's going to be a voyage of discovery for you.

Have you pulled the CB panel at the lower helm to trace the wires for the wipers and horn? Have you checked voltage at the wiper motor and horn contacts?

You may have inline fuses on those wires. You may have faulty components.

A Taiwanese boat of that vintage will have all sorts of wiring issues. My friend just redid his with an electrician and he pulled pounds of useless wire out of his boat and rebuilt the panel. If you are having those sorts of diverse issues its time to make this your number one project.

If in doubt, look at the thread on the marina fire in Campbell River...
Sorry, the photo has iPhone disease.

Attachments

• 56087379-65E7-4A94-8E92-C1A83995C29E.jpg
    56087379-65E7-4A94-8E92-C1A83995C29E.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom