Fuse type

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 37
Hi, I found a fuse like this in my boat. I opened it, but there is no glass or ceramic tube fuse inside.

What is the working principle of this fuse, I tried to search on Google without any result

NBs

Attachments

• IMG_20220723_154643.jpg
    IMG_20220723_154643.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 91
Hi, I found a fuse like this in my boat. I opened it, but there is no glass or ceramic tube fuse inside.

What is the working principle of this fuse, I tried to search on Google without any result

NBs

Is it a fusible link maybe? One time use. Seems odd but possible. What is it powering?

The yellow connector locks like an RCA plug with electrical tape over it. I am not convinced that we are looking at a fuse situation. Is it possible that we are looking at a noise filter?

Hi,

the information on the power cord reads 12V input DC, output 12V DC, maximum current 3A and fuse 3A/250V. I'm having problems bow/stern joyctik won't start and I'm looking for a possible fuse.

NBs

That label has a picture of the fuse holder. Maybe it’s in the other connector?

If it was my boat, I would cut it out and replace it with a conventional glass fuse for which I can get replacements. Rare easy and cheap job.

Actually looking at the photos again, maybe neither of them is a fuse holder. Maybe the note is just saying that you need to supply a fuse of that size.

NBs

Perhaps the fuse is just missing. Someone took out a blown fuse and never got around to replacing it.

Looks like a camera connection to me, RCA yellow is video and the other power. BT control fuse is usually at the solenoid block.

Nordic Tug Forum "SENTOA"

Send a message to Dave Allen at Nordic Tug. Maybe best way to reach him is to join SENTOA (Southeast Nordic Tug Owners Association), a terrific resource. Better yet, post your question on that forum. Send an email to: sentoa@lists.sentoa.org

I would try disconnecting both wires and look what might not be working. It may be in the wiring to be a disconnect and maintain polarity. Some electronic equipment is highly sensitive to polarity. Just a thought.

There seems to be some confusion as to whether these are fuse holders or connectors for electronics. What I've always done in a case such as this is open the connections and test all four ends for voltage. If there is none you have either electronic connections or a break in the circuit leading to the connections

Looks like a camera connection to me, RCA yellow is video and the other power. BT control fuse is usually at the solenoid block.

Hi, I had completely forgotten that I have a "camera" in the bow, the fuse belongs here. I fixed the joystick problem, the fault was a weak wire connection.��

Thanks to everyone who participated in the discussion about the fuse

Nbs

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom