Vessel Name: Sandpiper
Vessel Model: Bluewater 40 Pilothouse Trawler
Furuno Major TZtouch2 Software Update

Just received from Furuno Dealer support:

Furuno Major TZtouch2 Software Update

Provides Complete Global UI Refresh & Compatibility With TZtouch3 MFDs

July 13, 2020
Sales Bulletin #2020-25
We’re excited to announce a groundbreaking software update for NavNet TZtouch2. As of Wednesday, July 8th, all TZTL12F, TZTL15F and TZT2BB models are being shipped with version 7.01 software, which includes a greatly enhanced User Interface (UI), along with many other new features, enhancements, and changes.

Also included in this update is compatibility with TZtouch3 MFDs, FAR2xx8 Radars, the new TimeZero iCloud ecosystem, and TimeZero v4 software.
New: Two Finger Tap for Full Screen Indication
Quickly go from quarter or half screen to full screen and back.

Link to more information:

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/...id=UFpnLHEf9HY
syjos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:05 AM   #2
Guru

City: Seattle
Vessel Name: Aruna
Vessel Model: Kristen Yachts 50 Pilot House
I have been using the beta version of this on my TZTL12Fs and it has worked extremely well. There are a ton of things they changed / updated, including compatibility with TimeZero for PC v4 and the TZ cloud, which is nice for syncing routes and waypoints.

But it is the small things I liked the most - easier to read, more bold fonts, a navigation bar at the top of the screen while under autopilot with a reset/stop button for quick access, and streamlining the overall UI for the workflow people use it for.

A list of everything they changed is at https://www.furunousa.com/-/media/si...7_software.pdf
stevemitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 04:20 AM   #3
Veteran Member

City: Perth
Vessel Name: Miss Chief
Vessel Model: Viking 58 EB
I’ve been waiting for this, primarily to restore compatibility with my Timezero software.
Andosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 07:18 PM   #4
Guru

City: Bethesda, MD
Vessel Name: Solstice
Vessel Model: Grand Banks 47 Eastbay FB
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemitchell View Post
I have been using the beta version of this on my TZTL12Fs and it has worked extremely well. There are a ton of things they changed / updated, including compatibility with TimeZero for PC v4 and the TZ cloud, which is nice for syncing routes and waypoints.

But it is the small things I liked the most - easier to read, more bold fonts, a navigation bar at the top of the screen while under autopilot with a reset/stop button for quick access, and streamlining the overall UI for the workflow people use it for.

A list of everything they changed is at https://www.furunousa.com/-/media/si...7_software.pdf
Has font coloring/size over shallow depths changed? It's one real motivator for me to ditch my otherwise functioning NavNet3D units. The way they display depth text is just awful, with no options to control the font size and/or color. Basically I hate having red text with a white background over blue shallow water, in 9 point type.

I don't need a LARGE PRINT EDITION but if I'm going to upgrade it's got to be better than what I've got now.

This screenshot from their feature change PDF does not appear to be any 'less worse' than what I've got now.
Attached Thumbnails
furuno.jpg  
Old 08-09-2020, 08:59 PM   #5
Veteran Member

City: Perth
Vessel Name: Miss Chief
Vessel Model: Viking 58 EB
On the TZT series that setting is customisable in the menus. Red depth markings can be set at a range of threshold depths starting at 0 in about 1 metre increments.
Andosan is offline   Reply With Quote