Furuno 1834c nt NOT sunlight viewable

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Conrad

Guru
Vessel Name
Blue Sky
Vessel Make
Nordic Tugs 42 Hull #001
Hi there...

We have just installed a new Furuno 1834c nt 10.4" display at the upper helm of our boat, and have discovered that the chart (C-Map) is virtually unreadable. Even on an overcast day you really have to strain to read any of the text - numbers, names, etc. This unit is part of a new batch that had to be slightly re sourced due to a damaged manufacturing facility in Japan. So far Furuno is saying there is no problem so we'll see.

This same illegibility extends to the radar as well; the range numbers in the upper left hand corner are very difficult to read.

So if anyone has one of these units in service out in the sunshine, I'd appreciate yor thoughts.

Furuno has determined that there is an issue with the new screens on this unit and will be shipping a software upgrade within the week apparently.

Appreciated, Conrad. Nothing like tearing open a new box of things you want and finding out one of its most desired features doesn't exist.

Couldn't agree more! I'm away from the boat at the moment, but will report back once the final resolution is made. One option that my dealer is looking into is finding a pre-Tsunami version (new) of the display unit; there may still be some in the system.

Well, the promised software update was done on the unit, and it is better, but not bright by any means. But I guess it is good as it will get.*

Love our Garmin. Bright sun, absolutely no problemo :).

My Garmin 3206 chartplotter was working great in bright light until last week.

Error message,* gpsV2.60 missing,** and does not pick up any satelites.

Garmin is sending me a software update card,* 50. dollar deposite to reboot the Gps.

Hope it works but never heard of this problem before.

Have any of you guys?** JohnP

JohnP wrote:
My Garmin 3206 chartplotter was working great in bright light until last week.

Error message,* gpsV2.60 missing,** and does not pick up any satelites.

Garmin is sending me a software update card,* 50. dollar deposite to reboot the Gps.

Hope it works but never heard of this problem before.

Have any of you guys?** JohnP
*No.

The 1843 is touted as sunlight viewable like the NN3 - ship it back and demand a full refund/replacement. My Furuno**NN3s are very good in the sun, in fact my 8 year old Raymarine is too!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom