Faria 5" Tach with Hourmeter replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KJFPAF

Vessel Name
Sight Sea'R
Vessel Make
Mainship Pilot II
I need to replace the TD9210 5 Ches. Black SS Tachometer with Hourmeter (4000 RPM) (Diesel) (Mag Pick-Up) on my 2007 Mainship Pilot II. The hour meter works, but the tach needle does not move at all.

While there are many 4" tachs available, I cannot locate the 5 inch tach, not even on the Faria Beede web site.

Does anyone know where I can find one, or recommend an alternative replacement?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
Kevin

Are you sure the tach is the issue?
I've had a couple instances of irratic or no tach response and the cause was corrosion on the wire plug terminals that attach to the pickup on the bell housing.
I cleaned them the best I could and added some copper based antisieze and problem cured.
Worth a check.

Try Great Lake Skipper

Thanks Don, I would like to try that fix - I have hesitated to try to remove the wires for fear that I will break them or be unable to put them back on. How do they remove? Are they crimped on? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Kevin

Thanks Don, I would like to try that fix - I have hesitated to try to remove the wires for fear that I will break them or be unable to put them back on. How do they remove? Are they crimped on? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Kevin
The sending unit has 2 spade terminals and the wires have the common mating female terminals. A pair of needle nose pliers would help ensure to pull on the terminal and not the wires. Mine came off fairly easy but had visible corrosion on closer inspection.
I used a small wire brush and a very small puck / flat screwdriver to scrape inside the closed female terminals. A conductive grease, oxyguard or copper antisieze should help contact and reduce future corrosion. Just don't use too much as it could bridge the contacts.

Back
Top Bottom