Engine Room Cameras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In my mind, one of the biggest times a well placed camera or 2 might be reassuring is in rough weather where it may not be safe to go down into the engine room.

I've been watching this thread, and as of yet, hadn't replied because I wasn't sure how I could do it without spending a fortune. But it just occurred to me that most of these electronics use AC adapters. So I went and found this system, which specifies the power input as 12v/2a. My theory is that all I'd have to do is cut off the 120v plug and wire it to the battery bank, correct?

All I really want is 4 cameras, two for each engine to monitor the belts on the front, and the shafts on the back. And this system has an HDMI output for wired viewing at the helm, and then I could also connect it to our on board hotspot for away from home monitoring.

I've been watching this thread, and as of yet, hadn't replied because I wasn't sure how I could do it without spending a fortune. But it just occurred to me that most of these electronics use AC adapters. So I went and found this system, which specifies the power input as 12v/2a. My theory is that all I'd have to do is cut off the 120v plug and wire it to the battery bank, correct?

All I really want is 4 cameras, two for each engine to monitor the belts on the front, and the shafts on the back. And this system has an HDMI output for wired viewing at the helm, and then I could also connect it to our on board hotspot for away from home monitoring.

Power wise it should work. What is the minimum distance that they will focus do you have room in front of your engines?

Power wise it should work. What is the minimum distance that they will focus do you have room in front of your engines?

You’d think I could figure that out being a photographer and all.... it’s got a 3.6mm focal length, max aperture of f/2, and an 87 degre angle of view. I would expect minimum focus distance to be mere inches.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom